Champagne Kisses, Awaited conversations, and Running in circles

Chase felt as though his feelings were jumbled into a fucking yoga ball and hurled at him at the speed of light

Chase felt as though his feelings were jumbled into a fucking yoga ball and hurled at him at the speed of light. He really didn't know what to say, but from the corner of his eye, he saw Skylar sitting across from him anxiously gnawing at her lip waiting for him to finally break his silence. She preferred him making his witty comments, and the silence was unwelcoming and oddly cold.

"You are awfully confusing," Chase said as he diverted his glance from the window to Skylar who was sitting across from him.

"I am so sorry," Skylar said as she adjusted herself against the windowsill, leaning against it and bringing one of her legs to her knee, exposing the other through the slit in her dress.

Chase noticed, he took a sip of champagne.

After the kiss, Skylar had explained the whole story from her side but only after they had managed to distance themselves from the meeting downstairs.

And now here they sat, across from each other, Chase didn't really understand her reasoning, but at this point, he didn't really care anymore. Well, actually he stopped caring the moment she had kissed him the second time, her lips made a very compelling argument.

Things between them were anything but simple. That was primarily to blame on the fact that people's minds are not simple, they aren't black and white- if they were the world would be a much simpler place, we would deem Donald trump as a blatant racist- not the President of the United States- but hey! we love to sugar coat things, don't we?

But alas, the world is full of complications so as long and two people can put their differences aside- who really cares about understanding?

"It's okay, I'm sorry for getting mad," He said, Skylar found it endearing- seeing as he had nothing to apologize for.

"Well, I guess I forgive you," She said sarcastically as she wiggled an eyebrow with a smile on her face,

"God, I hate fighting," She said, "Pranking is just so much more fun,"

Chase looked at her and just laughed because they weren't the serious couple who fought, they were the easy couple who seemed to get along so effortlessly between constant chatter and flirtatious comments.

She was glad he laughed, and she loved how he was so easy to forgive her- because for a second she really thought she might have fucked everything up.

Skylar loved how he looked under this light, the faint fairy lights above them dimly lit up the room, the rest was illuminated by the sparkling lights of the city under them. The building itself was on top of a hill and they were sitting in the attic of the building, the room was enormous, almost like an old timely ballroom long forgotten. The roof was dome-shaped with intricate paintings and patterns highlighted in gold swirlings all across it. The room looked like it had not been used in a very long time- but was well taken care of. There were several large windows in the room, and the two were sitting on the sill of one, face each other- looking so small against the scheme of things.