Memory loss, sunsets, and promises

Guys, I am so so so sorry for the lack of updates recently.

It's just that school has started and I have wayyyy to many projects and tests BUTTT from now on I will update every week on Saturday! (and some times double updates heh wink)

Oh and btw the picture is the sunset that Chase and Skylar enjoy.

Another thing,

IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD TO ME IF YOU WOULD SHARE, COMMENT AND LIKE MY STORIESS AHHH THANK YOU FOR READING!!! ILY ALL... ANYWAYSS

READ ONNN

"I don't know if you struggle with short term memory loss or some shit, but babe I've been to the treehouse," Chase asked looking unimpressed at the not-so-vast expanse of the wooden box in front of him.

"You know in Wattpa- I mean in books when the girl says they're bringing a guy somewhere it's usually someplace with an extraordinary view or something but you're really lettin' me down here Jones, how am I going to fall in love with you now?,"

"Oh god, please shut up we aren't there yet," I said as I jumped, trying to reach the ceiling, but could not reach.

"Oh my, Sky. Girls usually start calling me god, once we start having sex, not this early." He said with a wink as held me by the waist and pushed me out of the way.

His hands lingering a second longer than normal on my skin causing goosebumps to run up my arms and leaving me a little disheartened when he removed them.

He reached up and pushed the thin cardboard cover in the ceiling, exposing the a patch of the sky as well as giving me a show of his well defined abs as his shirt rose up.

"There are benefits to being 6'2," He said catching my attention.

"Let's go up," I said gesturing to the patch in the ceiling.

He reached up again, giving me yet another glance of his abs and I couldn't help but notice the way his arms flexed against the radiant pink glow of the sunrise and the way his eyebrows furrowed when he finally stood up on the roof.

"I thought that there was no way that I could be more disappointed, but you keep proving me wrong," He said frowning as he placed his arms on hips sassily.

"If you ask nicely, I'll pull you up," He said smugly causing me to frown. I looked up at him with puppy eyes staring into his heartless soul since I knew there was no way, I could reach the roof myself. I saw the conflicting emotions on his face as he finally caved in, giving me what I wanted.

"Okay, okay, don't do that! Damn woman I'll help you," he said as reached through the roof to pull me up.

I got up on the roof and wiping the dust off my hand, I pushed the leaves and branches out of the way revealing the view.

"Oh okay, you impressed me I might fall in love now, I can't guarantee it, though," He said laying on top of the tree house.

"Everyone loves me," I said turning to my side facing him

"I don't think think the police officer that's in the cornfield would agree," he said turning to face me with a smile on his face that caught me off guard.

"I don't think so," I said making a face.

"But other than that," I said shrugging nonchalantly as I turned to face the sky again.

Looking at the sunset, which was absolutely mesmerizing, It was a beautiful canvas of pink, yellow and orange that mixed together and was absolutely breathtaking and below that, you could see the residences of my small town, some houses had their lights on, reminding me that in every house, there was a different person, with a different story to share.

"Why do we hate each other so much?," He asked after a couple of minutes of silence.

"Hoe, you literally pranked me for 11 years, you're like my designated bully,"

"I don't think Skylar Jones can be bullied," He said scoffing. "We actually used to be... friends, What happened, Sky?"

"I guess I got busy and didn't have time, people change, Chase," I said curtly "Anyways, it been so long, why do you care now?"

"I guess I got busy too," he said "But I'm here now, and I want to know you better, again"

"I'd like that," I said startling myself for the umpteenth time this day at my reluctance to trust this almost-stranger.