Loneliness, Dolce and Distractions

AUTHOR'S NOTE

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE, THIS CHAPTER WAS JUST REALLY HARD TO WRITE SINCE ITS REALLY SERIOUS AND I USUALLY WRITE HUMOROUS CHAPTERS. THIS IS ALSO UNEDITED, SO IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES PLEASE TELL ME (IN A NICE WAY. IM VERY FUCKIN SENSITIVE) AND BELIEVE ME GUYS THIS IS A HAPPY STORY WITH A HAPPY ENDING!

PLUS, MAJOR CHASE + SKYLAR CUTENESS COMING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT IS DROPPING ON JULY 1ST.

Anywaysss be sure to vote, comment and share

READONNN

1:47

Skylar Jones had always thought that the depiction of teens in movies was ridiculous. They always made the problems seem so trivial. There was always the obvious teenage bickering and bitch fights at house parties or the constant backlash from the rumour mill about dating and can't forget the classic bitchy head cheerleader who was subsequently the queen bee of the school who was hell bent on ruining the life of the nerdy girl.

But Skylar's problems were anything but trivial, her father was coming back to town after his two-year hiatus from his daughter's life. It wasn't like Skylar had not seen her father at all in the two years- she had caught glimpses of him, but it was only when he required PR support for his law firm and even then they had barely exchanged a few scripted words.

Her father was the main partner at one of the world's most successful law firms in the world and he would do anything to save his and his firm's reputation. And Skylar knew how important his firm was to him- after all that was the reason he had not bothered to speak even a few words to his only daughter in two entire years, so when she received the odd phone call from her father's secretary she would agree to whatever the new scheme was and would slap on a smile and attend whichever event he needed her to for the sake of his reputation and would patiently wait for the next time hoping that something would change and he would pay more attention to her.

So as Skylar sped through the streets trying to get home at midnight there was a mix of emotions stirring in her chest all of which resembled fear, resentment and bitterness. There was never a time when he himself had called her, it was always his secretary or whichever new hire that was available to do so. And there certainly had never been a time that he had come back home- if you could call it that anymore. So when her father had called her, she had felt as if her heart had stopped beating- it was surreal, and it was something she had dreamt would happen but it was incredibly anti-climatic since he had informed her that he was coming back to visit her and that they would meet at 12:30 for brunch at The Stanton Social. He had not asked as much as stated, so not being able to sit still she had grabbed her stuff from Chance's place, gotten in her car and left.