Apologies, Coincidence, and Buffet

Chase felt a lot like Prince charming at the moment, and his Cinderella had just left the ball

Chase felt a lot like Prince charming at the moment, and his Cinderella had just left the ball. However, this fairytale was a little warped, Cinderella had left him with red stained lips instead of a glass slipper and had traded the pumpkin carriage in for an Uber.

When the curtains had fallen Chase and Skylar paused, trying to comprehend the situation. His hand was still on her thigh and her arms around his neck. However, before Chase could fully understand what had happened, he was standing outside the building gasping for air as he realised he was too slow to catch Skylar before she had ran out on him.

Looking around, he saw no reason to stay at the pompous affair so he got in his Aston Martin and drove to the only person he knew would help him out.

---

The problem with humans is that we are complex creatures, we do things with intent and sometimes on impulse but somehow we always forget that our actions have effects on people. And because we are also stupid, we also react foolishly.

So, when Skylar had left the party, she had given no explanation to Chase other than a prompt, "I'm sorry," and because it sounded better than "I'm sorry I kissed you, it was a mistake." Chase took it as an explanation.

So now, he paced back and forth at the doorstep running his hands through his hair, thinking of a thousand things all at once, that all had two things in common, red lips and a certain girl.

He ran his hands through his hair, a nervous habit of his. His shirt was rumpled and his lips were stained with red lipstick, he looked like quite the mess. So amidst his nervous breakdown, the first thing he blurted when the brunette opened the door was,

"I just kissed Skylar Jones,"

"What the fuck," said Parker as he stood on his front porch in his Batman boxers.

Parker was Chase's best friend, they bonded over cars when they were six years old, and then boobs when they were 13. They had been through thick and thin, however, last Parker had heard, Skylar and Chase were barely on speaking terms, not making out terms.

"Explain,"

-----