Chapter 3

Eren smiled as he walked next to Armin. They were headed to the park to meet Armin's pen pal. Eren knew nothing about this person. He didn't know gender, name, or role. He could guess their age since the only thing he did know about his best friend's pen pal was that they were going to the same college as them.

"So, where are we meeting them again?" Eren asked as he walked streets that were once so familiar to him.

"The park on 104th street." Eren snapped his head towards his friend.

"You mean Survey Park?" Eren asked. Armin looked at his phone at the text and nodded.

"That's what the text says." Eren smiled fondly at the thought of the park. It was such a long time ago that he had played in that park with two young children, a distant memory that almost felt like a dream. "You were born here right?" Armin asked as they continued to walk. Eren turned and nodded.

"Yeah. I was born in the hospital my dad works at." Armin nodded, then giggled.

"What, did he also help deliver you?" Armin asked, meaning to tease. Eren looked at him dead in the eye.

"Yes. Yes he did. And he would've been kicked in the face if... well anyways." Armin saw the quick flash of sadness in deep ocean eyes. Eren never spoke of his mother. Never even said the word after the two had their first meeting of grieving. Eren always hated thinking about what had happened and had never properly healed.

"Yeah, anyways. I really hope this person is nice." Eren nodded as a smile came back to his face.

"I really wish you would've told me more about your pen pal." Armin shrugged as they entered the park.

"They're my pen pal, not yours." Eren frowned.

"I told you about mine!" Eren said. Armin then giggled.

"Yes, and he ended up being in the same class as us and you ended up completely hating Jean." Eren had crossed his arms and pouted. He couldn't damn well help it that the horse faced beta was a prick who thought he could get the upper hand on Eren until he caught scent of the Alpha's scent, and then he backed off, but not completely.

"Hey Jeager!" Eren automatically began to growl as that annoying braying entered his ears. He whipped around to see Jean Kirstein, that mother fucker who was once Eren's precious pen pal, but was now the biggest douche canoe he knew, walking up to him and Armin with that arrogant smirk.

"The fuck do you want horse?" Jean's smirk faltered only slightly.

"What, can't see how my pen pal's doing?" Eren grit his teeth.

"We stopped being pen pals when we found out we were in the same class Stripes." Jean finally frowned as he got up to them.

"Why don't we cool that fucking hot head of yours?" Jean said, pushing the alpha, not noticing the people behind Eren until Eren's back had already collided with someone else. Eren turned to apologize when a harsh, yet familiar, voice snapped.

"Oi you shit! Watch where the fuck you're going!" Eren's eyes widened when he saw the familiar omega.

"L-Levi?" He asked carefully. The omega's eyes widened as his head snapped up to look at Eren.

"E-Eren?" They stared at each other for what felt like forever and no time at all before tears spilled from Eren's eyes and the two clung to each other.

"Holy shit! I never thought I'd see you again." Eren said, holding the shorter male to him, noticing how much Levi didn't grow.

"Same you fucker." Levi said. His voice was cold, Eren noticed, but he could hear the relief in the voice.

Eren buried his nose into the omegas soft, silky raven locks, taking in a scent he remembered, but had matured. Levi did a similar motion with the alpha's chest. The two held each other, one crying, the other allowing his emotions to show, if only for the alpha who disappeared from his life so many years ago.

"Eren?" Eren's eyes shot open as he turned to see Mikasa. He smiled as he pulled her to him and the three hugged.

"Oh dear God. I never thought I'd ever see you two again." Eren said as he pulled both of his long lost friends close to him. He never wanted to let go, but he did, wiping his tears, as did Mikasa. Levi just allowed a small smile to grace his lips.

"What the fuck just happened?" Jean said, interrupting the happy friends. Eren turned as his green eyes flared and he just punched the horse in the face. Eren was pretty proud of the solid contact and the fact it knocked Jean flat on his ass. Eren then smiled as he crouched down next to the jackass on the ground.

"That's for pushing me." And then Eren stood. When he turned, Levi and Mikasa were glaring at Jean, both looking ready to knock his head off, but neither moved since Eren seemed to have it all under control.

"Fuck you." Eren turned to retort, but Armin was already on it.

"Jean, I suggest just leaving. Eren just knocked you flat with one well placed punch. And we both know that you don't have the strength to fight an alpha." Jean snarled, but began to whimper when he heard two very similar, and deadly growls. Everyone turned to the Ackerman siblings. Teeth were bared and you'd think the beta would be scarier, but Levi, with his usual 'fuck off I'm PMSing' face, looked downright murderous.

"I suggest you fuck off." Levi bit out. Jean yelped, jumped onto his feet, and booked it. Once he was out of sight, the raven haired siblings calmed down. They had almost matching expressions.

"So..." Armin said, causing the three to turn to him. Armin turned to Mikasa and smiled softly. "You're Mikasa." Mikasa nodded and held out her hand.

"You must be Armin." He nodded and they shook hands. Levi growled lightly, causing the three to turn to him. It didn't take Eren long to realize why and he sighed, smiling and putting an arm around Levi's shoulders.

"Armin's not going to hurt Mikasa. Not only is he shy, but he's as gay as I am..." Eren blushed lightly as he had just outright admitted that to someone he hasn't seen in fifteen years. And Levi looked at him, slightly sad.

"So you two are..." Levi trailed off with Eren automatically shaking his head.

"No. We aren't. We're just friends." Levi looked at Eren before leaning in and sniffing Eren's neck where his scent glands where. When the two were younger, they didn't notice when they're scent glands touched. And Levi could still smell his settle scent on the gland still.

"So that's the scent I've smelled on him." Armin said, pulling the two back to the betas. Armin was smiling softly. Mikasa nodded. Eren's scent had remained on Levi's scent glands as well, and though the omega couldn't tell, Mikasa could, which was why she was always careful of hugging her brother because all that was left of her friend was the scent that lingered on her brother's skin.

"What?" Eren asked. Armin giggled, shaking his head.

"Nothing. Anyways, what would you like to do Mikasa? We've met, but haven't really done anything." Mikasa nodded as she looked around. Her eyes caught something and she turned back to the others she was with.

"Let's go to the swings to talk." Eren's eyes widened slightly before a wide smile ripped across his face.

"Yeah! I call the middle one!" And he pulled his friends with him to the familiar swing set.