Chapter 21

MERRY CHRISTMAS! So, funny story, I didn't intend for Christmas in this story to line up with Christmas IRL.

Eren and Levi entered the Ackerman household at six o'clock Christmas morning. With Levi's heat having been over two days prior, the mating bond being set for a week, keeping both calm, and already having had Christmas Eve sex, Levi had called his mother to tell her that the newly mated pair would be at the family Christmas gathering. Though the male omega didn't mention that he had actually mated with his alpha.

Toori, Kimi's brother and the University Nurse, opened the door to let them in.

"There is peppermint tea, coffee and cocoa in the kitchen." Toori said happily after seeing how tired the two were. "And Grisha is already here." He added for extra information before giving his nephew a quick hug and 'Happy Birthday' while Eren got a 'Merry Christmas'.

"Thanks." They grumbled together as they drug themselves to the kitchen, then the living room where Kimi, Kenny, and Grisha were already sitting, Kenny's arm around Kimi's shoulders as Grisha sipped at the coffee that had also been brewed. There were also a few more of Levi's family members in the room, talking as younger children were either half asleep, or whining about wanting to open their presents from Santa.

"Levi, Eren!" Kimi said, standing and hugging the two, before her nose twitched. "What's this?" She asked, spinning the two around swiftly. Eren saw Levi's face pale a little more than its normal shade, and didn't understand why until he felt the back of his sweater get pulled down to reveal his nape. Everything went quiet then. The scent coming from Kimi hard to decipher, but enough to keep everyone from making any noise.

"Mother, I can explain-" Levi began, but Kimi had them whipped back around to face her, seeing their fathers with small smiles before getting faces full of boob in one of the tightest boob hugs Kimi could give.

"My baby boy is mated!" She squealed, before pushing the two back and glaring at Levi. "And when did this happen?" She asked. Levi shifted slightly, Eren tried to slip away, but Kimi's hand on his shoulder stopped him.

"The beginning of my last heat." Levi breathed out.

"Which was?" Kimi pressed.

"Last week." Levi huffed out. Kimi huffed, but grabbed the two again and hugged them tightly.

"Well, whatever. I'll just view this as the present I know Eren didn't get me and call it good enough." Kimi said, before pulling away and sitting next to Kenny as life began to return to the room. The two sighed before Grisha approached and hugged Eren.

"Congratulations son." He said before smiling and hugging Levi. "Welcome to the family. Do you mind if I...?" He motioned to the back of his neck, and Eren nodded as he turned to show his mating mark to his father. When Carla had died, Grisha's mark turned from the usual red, to a decayed brown, showing that he had lost his mate. But with his hair always being worn long, no one would be able to tell. He gently touched the area around the mark and made an approving sound, but also sort of melancholy. "Your mother would be proud." Grisha said quietly. Eren smiled.

"I'd hope so." Eren and Levi then went to sit next to Grisha when one of Levi's cousins had had enough, and started to open presents, even if they weren't hers. Kimi had gotten Levi a new sex toy (like every year), and Eren more spermicide tablets. She just smiled proudly as Eren blushed and Levi motioned to the younger members who had no clue what the penis shaped object in his hand was, and probably shouldn't yet. Grisha had gotten Eren a marine biology book and Levi a medical book specifically for Children's Psychology. Kenny sucked at buying presents, so he just gave Levi a new box of tea.

Lunch came and went, and then Kimi smiled to the new mates and motioned for Levi to come closer as she handed him his birthday present, which upon opening, was actually a thoughtful, mates blanket she had made.

"Thanks Mother." Levi said as he felt the soft fabric and turned to Eren for him to feel to.

"Don't thank me. Carla had started it for you. I just finished it." Levi turned to his mother, as did Eren, the alpha with tears beginning in his eyes as Levi smiled softly, cooing to his mate. " She had started one for each of you, and I just sort of put the one's she had for you two together. I shipped Mikasa her's earlier this week and-" She was cut off by Eren, hugging her tightly as he cried softly.

"Thank you, thank you so much Kimi." He said quietly, no one else noticing the exchange, and if they did, they didn't linger long. Kimi smiled as she pat his back gently.

"You're welcome Eren." She said softly, before passing him back to Levi, the two cooing and crooning at each other until Kimi announced it was time for Christmas games and the two retreated to Levi's room to nap underneath the blanket Carla had made for them.

They stayed until after dinner, returning to the dorms.

"I can't believe Mom was making this for us." Eren said as he took a good look at the blanket. It was soft, with the image of a park on it. After closer inspection, it was the park Levi and him had met in, and it really pulled at his heart strings. Levi was at his shoulder as soon as the first tear fell from his mate's eye, smiling softly as he recognized the park.

"Looks like they were meant to be a whole in the first place." Levi said, running a finger down the almost invisible seam between the two halves. The grey and green colorings almost melding together like they were supposed to in the first place, the park coming together perfectly.

"Mom knew before we did." Eren's voice trembled with emotion. "She knew we'd be mates." Eren turned and hugged Levi close, crying onto his shoulder. Levi cooed to his alpha as he hugged back, rubbing his back softly. When Eren had finished crying, he pulled his head back and kissed Levi softly. The omega groaned, and when they pulled apart, he made a face, scrunching up up his nose slightly.

"I love you Eren, I really do. But at least wipe your face of fucking snot first." Levi grabbed a couple tissues to do such as Eren laughed softly.

"Sorry Levi." Eren said as he blew his nose with one tissue and wiped his eyes with another as Levi wiped his face with the baby wipes they keep in his bedside table. Eren drew Levi close once they had been all cleaned, smiling down at his mate and leaning in, rubbing their noses together. "Better?"

"Yeah." Levi answered, rubbing back with a happy coo, getting a croon from Eren in response. Eren's head dropped down to the shoulder he hadn't cried in and brushed his lips against Levi's scent gland, causing the omega to shiver.

"Levi, I..." Eren trailed off. Levi sighed.

"Want to make love to me?" Levi finished for him, a small smile on his face as he kissed Eren's scent gland. "Yeah, I think I could get around that." He could feel Eren smile against his skin. He pulled back and stared into his omega's eyes.

"I love you." Eren said before pressing his lips gently against Levi's.