Chapter 9

The next week was almost as the first. Minus the fact that Mikasa apparently had gotten together with Annie, and the alpha was happy to walk Mikasa to class and the two would trade scents before walking away. Armin smirked.

"So, you two are scenting each other." Armin teased lightly. Mikasa nodded with a small smile.

"Thank you, both of you." Mikasa said as she sat down next to Eren. "Annie's great, and so kind. She's helped me a lot with my work. Do you think she could come by the next time we all hang out?"

"Of course!" Eren said happily. "Levi's gonna wanna meet the alpha that has claimed his little sister anyways." Eren said as he poked Mikasa's cheek. "Just wait until Kimi finds out." Mikasa groaned and dropped her head to the table.

"Don't remind me." Mikasa said, but she smiled as she sat back up. "I'm just so happy, you know?" She messed with her scarf, and it gave off the faintest scent of Annie, causing Mikasa's face to soften. "So what about you two?" She asked. Armin smiled.

"Well, Erwin and I have been talking more, and we seem to get along alright." Armin said.

"They spend every evening on the couch talking after they do their homework." Eren said with a stretched. "I don't see why you two don't just hook up. It's obvious you like each other." He said. Mikasa and Armin looked at each other, both cocking eyebrows, but said nothing out loud.

"Maybe. Then he can share my bed when Levi goes into his heat." Armin suggested. Eren groaned a little.

"At least wait until you share your own room before you start fucking." Eren said. "I don't know if I'll be able to stand his scent being in my room as it is." Once class was over, Eren and his friends were walking down the hall with Annie, when they noticed a commotion. When Eren looked, he saw two alpha's harassing someone, most likely an omega nearing heat.

"Come on, we don't have to mate." Said the scrawnier alpha male with greasy black hair and a shitty goatee. "It'll help both of us."

"Fuck off Nile." Mikasa's eyes widened as Eren just froze. That was Levi's voice. "I'm not fucking interested in you." Eren could now clearly see Levi standing in front of the two alphas, obviously trying to get around them without touching, and failing.

"Come on." Nile said, rubbing his fingers against his scent gland before snatching Levi's wrist and rubbing his fingers there. "We could have a lot of fun together." Levi looked at his wrist, and via omega instinct, gently sniffed the spot. His face automatically scrunched up as he held his wrist away from his body and hissed.

"Your scent if fucking vile." Levi spat, but no one seemed to notice the subtle distressed scent that Levi was producing. But Eren did. He knew Levi could take care of himself, but his instincts spiked, and without even thinking, Eren was between Levi and the other alphas, glaring at Nile as a possessive growl left his throat.

Eren continued to not think as he grabbed Levi's wrist, that Nile had just touched, and rubbed it and Levi's other wrist against his scent glands, a low growl still coming from his throat. After he had removed Nile's scent from Levi's skin, the alpha offered his wrists to Levi. The omega didn't hesitate in rubbing the alpha's wrists against his own glands. Once they had finished, Eren turned back to Nile and growled again.

"He's not interested, alpha. Back off." Eren said, voice dripping with venom and the promise of a fight if this alpha did not leave Levi alone. Nile scoffed and walked away with his friend. Once they were gone, and Eren's head cleared, he realized everyone was staring, and finally realized what he had done. Eren paled as he turned to Levi.

"Fuck, I'm sorry Levi. I know you could take care of yourself, I just-" Eren began, but Levi held up his hand, causing Eren to stop.

"It's fine Eren. I know." Levi said. Eren smiled and hugged Levi, rubbing their glands together.

"That should keep others from bothering you." Eren said. Levi nodded.

"And keep omega's from bothering you." Levi added, before waving and continuing down the hall.

"So he's claimed your brother?" Annie asked Mikasa. The beta nodded.

"Oh yeah. Did when we were children, but I don't think either of them have actually realized it yet." Mikasa explained.

"Levi even let Eren help build his nest." Armin said. "And they are very cuddly with each other. Petting each other, sitting extremely close. Hell, Erwin and I walked in on Levi sitting in Eren's lap, pressing their scent glands together before Levi kissed Eren's forehead. Then they acted like nothing had happened. And Eren always growls if Erwin is to close to Levi. And I'm about 90% sure I heard Levi hissing at me for getting to close to Eren." Armin explained. Mikasa smiled as Annie rolled her eyes.

"Well they need to hurry up and just mate. Their instincts obviously want them too." It was at this time that Eren came back to them.

"What wants who to do what?" He asked. The three shrugged and just continued down the hall.

"You'll find out eventually Eren." Mikasa said as Annie put her arm around her waist. "Hey, we should-"

"Eren!" The four turned to see Hanji running towards them, throwing her arms around Eren's shoulder. "That was so sweet of you to stand up to Nile like that and defend what's yours!" She said happily.

"Isn't Moblit in heat right now?" Armin asked, causing Hanji to let go of Eren automatically.

"You're right! I'll see you all later! My Mobly needs me!" And away she went.

"You're brother has weird friends." Annie said, getting a nod from the rest of the group before they continued to the freshman's next class.