Chapter 7. The mask is removed.

As we finished lunch and the rest of the day I raced towards my Mercedes, and quickly popped 2 Tylenol's in my mouth. Swallowing them without water, I leaned back on the driver's seat and sighed exhausted form the school day. As I saw the other students exit the front of the building, I quickly regretted parking close to the school's entrance and sunk lower into the seat to hide from being noticed by anyone.

Especially Lucas.

My spine tingled and every hair raised on my body as I reheard his words echo in my head. What he did to me during lunch stayed with me for the rest of the day. Like it haunted me. I wasn't myself and everywhere I went it felt like I was being stalked. And I couldn't believe that no one noticed it either. When he lured me to look into his eyes, his deep gray colored eyes, it seemed like they were hiding something that I couldn't quite tell what it was. It was like as if he was someone else. 

Or something else. 

Shivering again, I reached for my apple headphones and started listening to Pandora. Tapping my Selena Gomez station, I leaned back again and watched as my fellow classmates poured out of my school building, like ants from an ant pile. My stomach started churning from witnessing Sarah and Felicity with their fake smiles, and their fake laughs to one of the band members.

A student came out of the building and my stomach turned into butterflies. His blue-black hair shone perfectly into the sunlight, and his broad muscular arms held his books firmly against his side. My eyes examined him from head to toe and I blushed realizing how deliciously tall Derick Masterson looked standing next to his other classmates. 

His smile stretched handsomely across his face and his eyes had this genuine sparkle that couldn't be denied. He looked around as he spoke with his classmate, and somehow managed to glance towards my direction. Freaking out, I sunk lower into the car praying that he didn't see me stare at him, and I gawked as he left with his friends.

Leaning over the steering wheel of my car, I closed my eyes and softly cried my tears of pain and sorrow as realization hit me like a ton of bricks. There is no way Derick would ever notice someone as rotten as me. For sure him liking me was a false rumor.

For four years of my high school life my reputation is known as "The Princess," and "The Barbie doll." A spoiled girl from a fortunate family, who is very popular, well-known, and could get anything she ever wanted with a snap of her finger.

Well not anything.

The only one thing I wanted was for Derick to actually like me. And mean it. My tears fell harder onto my knees and they rolled down my skin like droplets of rain. My heaving sobs, became heavier with each breath and for once, I wished that I could be the real me.

The real Liesel Donelly.

Not some stereotypical rep of a prissy school girl. I wanted to be someone who had a life worth living. Someone who I knew Derick Masterson would fall in love with. Not just have "the hots," for. Someone who would be proud of the person who I had become. But reality was, I wasn't. Nor will I ever be.

I'm so tired of it all.

I'm tired of being popular. . .

I'm tired of living a lie. . .