Ch.5 Unwanted

As darkness surrounded me I heard a voice calling my name. I tried to glance to see who it was, but I couldn't tell. I knew I wasn't dead. I could still feel my heartbeat. But I knew I wasn't awake either. The smell of men's cologne filled my senses and Blake's face came into view. 

I came back form being unconscious to see him standing over me. Blake's hand blocked Lucas's electrical punch, while Nicholas had Davey pinned to the ground with his knives. I could hear them exchange words but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Myra was holding me in her arms as I laid on the ground dizzy from the lack of air. Trying to sit up, I gently pushed her away from me.

"My..Wha-" A sudden intense burst of air reached into my lungs and disappeared as I slowly exhaled. I had to hunch over to slowly gasp for every breath I took. My coughing fits became a red alert for Myra. She started screaming for help while pushing the other students.

The crowd quickly dispersed as the Principal, Vice Principal and several teachers came way to our aide. They used their powers to round up witnesses and quickly clean up the courtyard. 

Mrs. Francesca got a hold of Nicholas and Blake, but Lucas and Davey vanished into the crowd. 

"What in Bastet's name is going on here!?" She exclaimed, rushing to our side. 

Myra gripped her outer garments and shook her violently. "She needs help! She can't breathe, Mrs. F!"

A loud SLAP rang into the courtyard and everyone around me stood still. "Child, you are a witch for heaven's sakes. Remember our lesson in class this morning. The healing lesson. You have the power to create and cast this spell without a healer."

"Mrs. F, I don't think now is the time to teach us a lesson. She's turning purple." Nicholas said poking my cheek. 

I forced myself to gasp for another breath of air as I pushed Nicholas away. Myra and Mrs. F were arguing over how to heal me. My eyesight was already failing me. 

"Just going to stand there and argue?" Blake exclaimed as he grabbed Myra's arm and yanked off her bag of crystals. He pours them out on the ground and grabs a moss-like stone. He placed it on my neck and slipped it inside my shirt. The stone felt cool, but my body was incredibly warm.

I could feel myself blush as Blake looked over me with his hand on my chest. Myra started chanting her spell and clasped her hands together and yelled, "NOW!"

In that instant, Blake's lips pressed against mine. It was almost as if my heart had opened to something so glorious that I couldn't contain my reaction. His tongue traced my lips slowly as if he were outlining them himself, then opened my mouth with such force that shook my knees and slowly blew in air for me to breathe. As our lips moved together passionately, I clinged to his arm, closing my eyes as I enjoyed Blake's kiss of life.

Finally, my first kiss.

The way his muscles flexed as he held me from my waist, his breathing as he slowly exhaled into my mouth, this, delicious kiss. . .you couldn't deny it was a kiss of love. 

A surge of energy rushed through me and suddenly, our passionate lip lock had ended. Blake tried everything to let go of me. Groaning against my mouth, I let go of his arm and he drops me to the ground as he pushed himself back holding his arm. 

Myra rushed to my side as Nicholas rushed to Blake's. My head started to become more clear and my breathing was normal, but a sudden glance at Blake and I knew, I had messed up AGAIN. I handed Myra back her stone and we both quickly sprinted to where Blake and Nicholas were. 

"Keep her away from me!" Blake snarled as he stood up with Nicholas's help. "She fucking tried to take my power or some shit!"

Myra's face turned pale instantly. "What?!"

I could hear my own heart disintegrate into thousand of tiny particles, that I was certain everyone around me could hear my heart explode. I opened my mouth to try and defend myself but for some reason I was stunned. The hatred burning in his eyes tainted them from the original light green to an intense emerald. His breathing was slow and rugged, and his fist was balled up in pure rage that it shook with each breath he took. The image I was seeing before me started to misshapen and become a blur.

As Nicholas clung to his friend's side, Myra marched over to talk to them. Their debating voices raised against one another and soon an all out bickering argument roared through the courtyard. I slowly stepped back away from them and glanced down at my scarred hands. Water droplets started to land on my palms, and slide down my wrists. Mrs. Francesca slowly put her hand on my shoulder and lured me away from the crowd as soon as she realized that I was crying.

"I DON'T WANT THAT FREAK ON OUR FUCKING TEAM!"

Those were the last words I heard from Blake, as I ran off into the distance with tears streaming down my face.