Ch. 6 Lusting after my cousin

Me, Michael, Jess and her mother got in Michael's car who very kindly offered to drop them home. Jess' mother was sitting next to him while me and Jess were on the back sit. We were silent because we were both in a huge shock.

Sure Chad was one crazy hooligan who threatened us, but now that he was gone and on top of it so suddenly... I've never felt more vulnerable and immortal in my whole damn life! I knew this sounded insane, but seeing a strong boy die so suddenly just blew my mind. I was sure, Jess was struggling with the same feelings right now. I looked at her.

She was looking down at her feet and her eyes were wet. I placed my hand over hers and gently squeezed to show her my support and love. She looked at me and gave me a friendly smile filled with sadness.

Unlike us, Michael and her mom were enjoying a pleasant conversation about Chad and his poor parents, who lost their precious son. According to them, Daniel's parents were also unfortunate since their son had witnessed the miserable fate of his dear friend and his recover wasn't going to be easy. She also didn't miss asking the new guy in town about his life... She asked him where he came from, was he married, did he have any children.... a lot of questions for such a short ride. After Michael pulled off the road in front of their house, they got off and her mom wished us a nice weekend.

As if that could happen.

The ride to our home was silent. None of us said a single word. I only noticed him looking at me from time to time and gripping on the steering wheel really tightly because his knuckles turned white. His black curls looked so pretty falling freely down his shoulders. His jaw would clench from time to time as if he wanted to say something.

When we arrived, I got off the car and went inside. He parked it in the garage and soon was too  in the living room.

I was silently sitting on the sofa, hugging one of the pillows that smelled of my cousin. It was normal that it had his sent because this was his bed. I was thinking about Daniel and the things he said. I might have hated him yesterday, but today... I felt compassion for him like I wanted to help him.

"You okay?" a big, warm hand gently touched my bare shoulder. I turned around to see him sitting on the sofa right next to me. I was so preoccupied in thoughts, I hadn't even felt the wiggle from him sitting. I placed the pillow back on its spot and put my legs down to touch the floor.
"Guess so..." his dark chocolate eyes met mine
"You sure?" damn that man read me like a book.
"No... I'm not okay." I confessed.
"I'm so sorry for your friend..." he caressed my shoulder and this created a weird feeling deep inside my gut, as if his touch travelled all over my body!
"Me too... I still can't believe it, and Daniel's not okay either..." hot tears were forming in my eyes and I was trying so hard to hold them back since I didn't want to cry in front of Michael.
"He's gonna be fine but he needs some time.." his warm hand slowly moved down to my back.
"I just feel so... I don't know how to put it into words. One day ago everything was fine. We were all living our lives and I felt so strong and..." I sighed "Now I feel so close to death and I just... I feel.."
"Mortal." I looked at him.
"Exactly, mortal." how the hell did he know???
"Don't worry, this is completely normal. I been there too." I didn't know why but I suddenly lost control over my tears and they begun falling down my cheeks like rivers.

Now I was crying like a little girl in front of him. Great. Could I have embarrassed myself even more?

"I'm sory I'm crying, I-I" next thing I knew, his strong hands pulled me towards him and my hand rested on his chest.
"Let it all out, you're gonna feel better." I could feel his voice vibrating because i was resting on his chest. His voice echoed deep inside my chest. Such a pleasant, warm vibration... "It's gonna be okay..." he whispered in my ear, caressing my hair. His breath sent shivers down my spine and made my body weak. His hand felt so good on me, that it felt as if he could put my whole body under his control if he wanted, only by gliding his hands all over my skin. He didn't stop whispering words of comfort in my ear, causing me feelings of excitement all over again. Feelings that were unknown to me... but one thing I knew - they made me hot. I wasn't even listening to him anymore... my head was buried in his chest and i became so intoxicated by his manly scent that everything went blank in my mind. His warm hands that wouldn't stop caressing me, calmed me down and my body relaxed completely in his arms like melted cheese. I reached  a state of pure pleasure and relaxation, and couldn't even explain to myself how this happened.