Ch. 27 Just like the beast

I opened the door of my home, got in and plumped on the sofa.

I hadn't even realized when I got here for I was so preoccupied in thoughts and felt as if I was trapped in this situation. I didn't know what to do, how to do it and who could help me.

The gypsies were no longer alive... the beast killed them all. My friends didn't know what to do either, but if we didn't do anything soon, I was going to end up dead, and not only I, but my friends too. Then my family, the town's people and Michael.

I had to do something, but what could I possibly do? I couldn't just go in the forest, face the werewolf and kill it! That was impossible like...

wait a minute...

if I had the knife the gypsy woman gave me, maybe then I'd have higher chances against the beast and I could even kill it just like Derek attempted in the winter of 1953! My whole body got tensed for I knew now that I had to find that knife. It was my only option.

But where do I start? How could I find it and where could it possibly be?

The werewolf must have taken it that night, so it was with the werewolf for sure! But where could a werewolf put the knife? Think, YN, think!

Maybe it had its own den somewhere in the forest?

Or maybe it kept it in its house... human house in the town. But who was the beast? If only I knew! How do I find out?

Maybe I should go in the forest during the day to search for its den if it had one, of course..

Then my phone rung and I grabbed it. It was Michael.

"Hello?" I tried to sound normal.
"Hi, YN, how are you?" his voice sounded so calm and sweet from the other side.
"I'm good and you?"
"I'm okay, thanks..."
"How's your dad?"
"Well, he's really sick, but I think he's gonna be fine." he sighed "The doctors say he's a strong man and gave him medicine, so we hope that everything's gonna be okay."
"I'm glad!" after a short pause he said
"YN..."
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry I didn't call last night... but I got into a fight with my father..." I could sense pain in his voice.
"It's okay! And I'm sorry to hear that..."
"No, it's not new, we've always been like this..."
"What do you mean?" he sighed again
"It's a long story..." after a pause he continued "I'll tell you when I return, but... I just.. " I could feel it was hard for him to talk.
"Don't worry about that! You don't have to talk if you don't feel ready! Don't force yourself into it!"
"Thank you, YN. I'll tell you everything when I get back, I promise! Now, tell me.. has everything been okay?" I had to lie. And lie well.
"Yes! You've been away for 24 hours only!" I pretended to laugh. "What could possibly happen!"
"I'm just worried about you."
"I'm fine, I promise!"
"YN.."
"Yes?"
"I really miss you..." his words made me smile and blush. I felt a huge warmth in my chest.
"I miss you more, Michael. I can't wait to see you again and hold you in my arms." I whispered those sweet words to my cousin.
"I... love you." those words made me melt like ice cream and I felt butterflies in my stomach.
"I love you." I replied quickly. I heard voices from the other side
"YN, my mom needs me." he said "I'll call you later again! Please take care of your self!"
"You too!"

After we said goodbye, I rested my head against the sofa.

I was so freaking scared because of the beast and at the same time, I was so happy that Michael loved me, that I could just fly up in the sky and dance the whole night through!

I've never had mixed feelings like these before! I felt insane! And I've never seen a man like Michael before! He was so different and intoxicating! God...

I got interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. I immediately jumped. Who could this be? I wasn't expecting anyone! What if it was the.. oh no. It rung again. And again.