Ch. 45

"Don't you think you should talk to your parents, Michael? Does Joseph even now?" my dad said.
"I don't think so..." Michael replied.
"This is crazy! If he doesn't know, you must tell him!" my mom said "You can't lie to him like that! You have to talk to your mother too..."
"I don't know what I'm going to do but I'm really tired now..." Michael said "I need to rest first."

It's been a difficult day for all of us, especially for Michael. He just found out that Joseph wasn't his real father and that his real father was the werewolf, who kept tormenting and praying on this whole town. But as if that wasn't enough, Jeremy said that Michael carried the blood of the werewolf within his veins and was about to turn into one on his next birthday. Michael didn't believe that and I ... well I didn't know what to make out of this. 

Did Jeremy lie, trying to get us to stay close to him? Or was he telling the truth? How dangerous was he? He did kill a lot of people, but what about Michael and the people close to Michael?

I didn't know what to do about Jeremy and how to distance myself from him. And my friends... my closest friend Jessica, turned against me and set me up. I was alone now. My friends were no longer my friends and there was no way I could tell her about Jeremy! If she knew, she'd try to kill Jeremy and Jeremy was someone, who was very hard to kill. If you tried killing Jeremy, you'd end up dead. And then my parents.. what do I tell them about Michael? About us and our love? 

I was in the middle of a big mess that could end deadly. I didn't know what to do and whom to trust. All I knew was that Jeremy was living next to us, watching our every move with Michael and that if I told someone who the werewolf was, their life would soon end. 

But one thing I couldn't forget... Jeremy's words to observe Michael. I looked at him.

He was sitting on the couch, watching TV after we just had dinner. My parents were in the kitchen, talking about Michael's biological father-Jeremy. Michael seemed tired and worried. I couldn't go to him because I didn't want our parents to suspect us. I decided to go upstairs in my room and take a shower.

In my room I looked out of the window right at Jeremy's house. It was dark. No sign of him. Where on Earth was that man right now and what was he doing? Did I even wanted to know?! 

I sat on the my bed and looked at my cell phone. I was thinking about calling Jessica and asking her how she was, but God, was I scared to do that! What if she told me she was badly injured? How was I going to live with myself then!?

I sighed and laid down, looking at the ceiling. I decided to close my eyes for a few minutes, because I had a terrible headache. 

I opened my eyes suddenly and heard a noise. I assumed it was the noise that woke me up. It was dark. I looked at my cell phone, it was 3am. I must have fallen asleep. I looked around my room and heard that noise again. I sharpened my ears and it sounded like someone was doing something in the kitchen like moving things around. I assumed it was Michael because he slept downstairs on the couch. 

I got up from my bed and went downstairs. 

It was Michael.

He was standing in front of the refrigerator, which was also the only light in the room. It looked like he was looking for something there.

Just before I opened my mouth to speak and ask what was he doing, he turned around, facing me. 

His hair was messy and there was food all over his mouth and cheeks. He was holding milk in his left hand and in his right hand was a steak. However, what really creeped me out, was that he acted as if I wasn't there! As if he couldn't see me standing next to the kitchen door! His eyes were blank.