Ch. 43

Michael was nervously throwing his stuff into the suitcase, his forehead glistened with sweat and I could notice his hands were slightly shaking. There was a storm of confusion and fear in his mind and I could understand him very well. The truth was too harsh for me and even harsher for Michael, who had spent his life with a man, he though was his father and now realized that his real father was a werewolf.

I stopped stuffing my suitcase with clothes and placed my hand over Michael's shoulder.

"Baby..." I whispered "I'm sorry about everything you had to hear tonight." his body was tensed "I love you very much and I'll always be next to you!" next thing I knew, he quickly pulled me into his arms, my face was buried in his chest and his head was buried in my neck.

"I love you more, princess." he whispered "And I want you to be safe." he broke the hug to look into my eyes "Therefore tonight we'll leave this place forever."
"Forever?"
"Yes, so take your most precious belongings. Anything else you might need, I'll buy it once we leave."
"But, Michael, what are we going to tell my parents?"
"The truth."
"What?"
"Well, we'll leave out the werewolf part, but we'll tell them that I... I'm... not from this family and that we love each other. I don't know about you, but I don't wanna hide our love anymore!"
"What about... Jeremy?" he was a sensitiv topic for Michael, but I had to ask him. "Are we going to meet him tomorrow?"
"No freekin' way!" he removed his arms from around my body as anger took over him when I mentioned his real father.

"But he said-"
"I don't care what he said! He's a murderer, YN... a brutal one. I can't risk your life! Did you hear his plans? He's crazy! I don't trust him... We're leaving and he's never going to see us again!"
"But Michael he said that you'll..." I gulped "turn into a werewolf..."
"Oh please... I know myself and I can tell you that there's nothing werewolf-ish about me! He's lying because he wants to make us stay with him!"

Nothing werewolf-ish about him? Then I remembered Jessica's words about Michael - strong, beautiful, inviting, smart, charming, fast... Maybe Jeremy was right and Michael didn't want to accept the truth since he didn't like it?

Oh Lord.. what was I going to do if Michael turned into a werewolf on his birthday which was in a month? If Jeremy told the truth tonight, that would I mean I was about to have some serious problems with Michael.

"YN, why are you looking at me like this?" Michael asked me and then I realized I had been staring at him, while thinking about those stuff.
"I.. it's nothing. Let's just go."
"Are you done packing?"
"Yes." I whispered unsure.
"Let's do this!" he took our suitcases and we headed downstairs, but right before we were about to leave, we saw someone open the door. We got paralized with fear as we thought that it was Jeremy. However, the door flung open and our parents stood right in front of us.

"YN!" my mom screamed and run to me. "We heard what happened and run home as fast as we could!" she held me tightly in her arms.
"YN, we called you like 100 times!" my dad said angrily "Why haven't you answered?" now I remembered that I forgot my phone. So many things happened, who could think about a phone! "Michael, you too!" he turned to him "I trusted you! And what is this?" his eyes fell on the suitcases.
"Are you going somewhere?" my mom asked "What is going on here?"
"I can explain." I answered before Michael could even open his mouth. "So many things happened... I got kidnapped."
"WHAT?" they both yelled.
"By my best friends, because they thought that Michael was the beast that was killing everyone in the forest."
"I need to sit down." my mom said.
"I must have lost my phone somewhere, that's why I haven't called you. Michael came to help me, so he must have also left his phone somewhere in the hurry.. I'm sorry I got you worried."
"And what is this story about beasts?" my dad asked.

Me and Michael looked at each other, thinking about whether we should tell my parents about the werewolf or not. They were not going to believe us...