Ch. 7 Beautiful wife

Where the hell could Michael be at 2am in the morning? I opened the door to look outside for him - he was nowhere to be found, but I did see that the lamp in the garage was turned on from the little gap between the floor and the heavy door.

Michael was probably inside, but what on earth could he be doing in the garage at this late hour of the night? He obviously had difficulties sleeping or was just a  night owl, but why in the garage? Couldn't he just stay inside in his warm bed and watch TV like all other normal people would do when they couldn't fall asleep?

Should I go ask him if everything was okay? But then he would think that I was following or spying on him or worse...

he would think I liked him.

Oh God, I really did like him, but I knew it was impossible since he was my sibling.

I decided to return back into my room and just as I was about to close the door, I stopped myself for curiosity grew so strong inside me and I desperately wanted to know what he was doing there!

Therefore, I decided to sneak out and tip toe to the garage to see if I could overhear something.

I stepped outside and Daniel's words quickly ringed into my ears once more.

"Don't go out at night."

Suddenly, I felt so scared. Why did I have to remember his words right now??

Then I also remembered his crazy beast story.

Such things don't exist, such things don't exist.

How could a boy like Daniel talk like that?! It sounded as if he had completely lost his mind... But his eyes... his eyes weren't the eyes of a crazy man, I know because I have looked in them many times. Before Chad's death, when I saw in them, all there was, was arrogance and after Chad's death, it was nothing but fear. His arrogance was gone and replaced by fear and sadness, and now that I think about it, even his body language was different. What could have made him act like that?

Were the things he was saying really true? Was there really a beast outside? I placed my hands on my shoulders and didn't know whether to return to my room or go to the garage. His story and warning really got me and I couldn't believe it! I had never before believed in superstitions or magic or things like that, why was I scared now?

I was just going to quickly check on Michael and be right back! Nothing bad could happen because I was in my own damn house and garden!

Jeez, I couldn't believe I got so scared! Daniel would probably have returned back to his old self after getting a good, long sleep. He saw his best friend dead, it was normal to act strange for some period of time!

However, so much thinking about Daniel. Now I was headed to the garage and I could hear some weird sounds coming from inside like if Michael was taking instruments and throwing them on the floor or placing them somewhere else. Then it sounded as if he was doing something to his car, and then back to the instruments again.

What the hell was he doing? I couldn't look inside, there was no window or something.

Suddenly, the noises stopped.

Deadly silence as if no one was in there.

Why'd he stop? Did he...

Could he... know I was here?

No way. That was impossible. There was no window so he couldn't see me! He couldn't know I was there, unless he sensed my smell which was impossible, of course.