Ch. 9 Michael, the babysitter

2 days later, Author's POV

"And make sure to keep the house clean! Also, don't let Michael do all the chores! Help him!" YN's mother was in the living room, giving her daughter instructions before she left with her husband for Italy. "He was kind enough to agree to take care of you, but this doesn't mean you should see him as a maid!"
"He agreed to take care of me, because you took care of him first, mom..." YN rolled her eyes at her mother.
"Don't roll your eyes at me young girl!" YN's mom scolded her "I want you to respect Michael and do as he says! Now I don't want to have to call him and hear that you haven't been a good girl! Also, I want you to cl-" YN wasn't really paying attention to what her mother was saying.

The truth was, she was dying to know what her father and Michael were talking about in the kitchen.

So her mom's instructions became 'blah blah blah' to her ears, while she tried to focus on the conversation taking place in the kitchen near them.

But she couldn't hear even one word.

The two of them were very close to one another and on top of that, whispering. What the hell were they talking about? And why did it need to be kept private? YN wondered.

She could see her dad's face very clearly, supporting his speech by making gestures at Michael with his right hand.

Michael's back was facing her. His shoulders were so broad and his back seemed to be very strong. His black, shiny curls gently fell on his firm shoulders and his long, slim legs were holding his beautiful body up. YN admired him so much. She had never before seen a handsome man like Michael and not only was he handsome, but he was also strong, smart, a true gentleman and a great cook. She couldn't help but ask herself again 'Why would his ex-wife leave him?'

While YN was day dreaming about Michael and pretending to listen to her mother, YFN was explaining Michael things about his daughter that he believed Michael should know.

"I'm warning you, Michael, she had sneaked out of the house twice before!" he made sure to keep his voice low since he didn't want to be heard from his daughter. If she knew that Michael knew about the things she had done before, she would surely be extra precautions when trying to pull the same stunts on Michael.
"Really?" Michael didn't believe it, because she seemed like an angel to him.
"Yes! Through her window, then she jumps on the tree and climbs down! It was because I forbid her to go to those parties, so keep your eyes open for that, as well!"
"I will..."
"And very important... no boys!"

This definitely pleased Michael beyond words. Her father allowed no boys so if he saw some boy around her, he, without being afraid of looking jealous or weird, would get rid of him at this instant. He knew he wouldn't like the sight of some puberty boy laying his hands on what Michael liked.