Ch. 12 Humiliated

"Her pulse is fine!"

Where was I?

"She's waking up? Miss are you alright?"

Where were those noises coming from? Why could I hear police's cars? I opened my eyes and saw two people dressed in white, looking at me from above and doing things like touching my body with some funny looking instruments. Behind them were trees, other people in white and policemen, going back and forth. I could hear them talking, but couldn't make out what they were saying.

"She seems to be fine. She was lucky."

I looked around and suddenly remembered everything. Last night I put sleeping pills in Michael's wine, came here with my classmates to humiliate Daniel and then... that thing.

I jumped and started looking around to look for the werewolf, but there was no sign of it! I then looked at my body to find not even one single scratch.

"Are you okay, miss?" the doctor looked straight into my scared eyes. It must have been early in the morning, because the darkness from last night had begun to lift its veil.

I remembered about Jess and looked next to me to find her missing.

"The girl who was laying next to me... where is she?" I asked the doctors next to me.
"She's in the car, laying. She woke up and she was in a shock, we had to inject her a medicine to relax her." he said and winked at me. Idiot. If he only knew what happened last night... Of course, she was in shock. "Her mom is coming to pick her up."

They helped me get up and although my legs were shaking slightly, I managed to walk around and keep my weak body up. I felt as if I haven't eaten in days, so weak and strange.

That thing... the werewolf, it was real. I came here to humiliate Daniel, but what happened in the end! I humiliated my own self.

"The policemen have questions for you and your friends young lady, so if you're feeling well, you might go tell them what happened last night." the doctor interrupted my thoughts. I nodded and they went to do their jobs, leaving me alone in this little crowd of doctors and policemen, but where were the rest? Where was Daniel? He must be dead. The werewolf got him last night. I had to do something... I had to warn everybody. This was more than serious.

I scurried to the 2 policemen who were nearest me.

"It was a werewolf..."
"What?" they looked at me.
"It's not a wolf or a bear like everybody thinks. We saw it last night! I saw it! It was standing right in front of me! You must listen to me! Tonight is gonna be full moon again and you have to catch it! Or.. or it's gonna kill us all!" they looked at me, then looked at each other, back at me and one of them begun
"Aha, I see. And ahh... what did the... werewolf you say, looked like?"
"He was tall, very tall! More than 2 meters! And big!" I used my hands to show them. "It had big claws with sharp nails and strong jaw and ahh... black fur and it's very fast and strong!!"
"Mhm... and where exactly did you say you saw the... werewolf?" he asked.
"Oh boy... I didn't see him until he climbed up the trees and started jumping from one tree to the next and then landed right in front of me and Jess!"
"So it had superpowers too?"
"Well, not superpowers, but it was very strong! Jumping, running, hitting... all that it did very well!" they looked at each other, then back at me again and suddenly, their serious faces exploded in laughter.

What?

"Why are you laughing??"
"Oh Lord! Those teenagers.. have vivid imaginations!"
"But but but..."
"Listen, kid.." he put his hand on my back, patted it and said "I know it must have been tough for you, some of your friends are dead, but to lie to the police about such things.. is a crime."
"But I'm not laying! It's the truth I sa-"
"Things like werewolves don't exist! You watch too many movies nowadays and I blame all those shiny Hollywood producers. Anyway, why don't you sit down here and rest. If no one comes to pick you up, we'll drive you home when we're done." then he returned back to doing his useless work.

Silver Sins [MJ FanFiction]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें