Ch. 10 Beasty, come out wherever you are!

Full moon

I've tried to be a good girl for the last few days in order to impress Michael - always came home on time, did my homework, studied math with him and even managed to improve my grade! The teacher called him to praise me on the phone and Michael looked very happy!

He was in a good mood and this was the right time to ask him if I could hang out with Jess after school. Of course, he immediately said yes.

Hanging out after school with your best friend seemed like the most innocent thing to do, unless you're going over at her house to steal sleeping pills to drug your babysitter in order to go "beast" hunting with that bully Daniel.

Well, what could I say... I blamed my hormones, but I couldn't go back now. I was too eager to see that loser Daniel fail when he realizes that there are no such things as beasts. What a baby he was...

Jess got into her mother's room and returned downstairs with a small bottle of pills. We carefully read the instruction in order to know how many pills should we give Michael. We didn't want to poison him or something... and I didn't wanna do it, but I was 100% sure he wasn't going to let me go! My father kept whispering things to him that day and I know what he must have told about me. I know my dad too well. Which reminds me.. this is gonna be my father's fault, not mine!

So I took two pills - the perfect dose for an adult to have a nice sleep through out the whole night while I'm having fun.

"Okay so.. after Michael falls asleep, I'll send you a text and sneak out. We meet in front of my house and then walk together to school where Daniel and the rest will be.."
"Perfect." she replied "I can't wait to see Daniel humiliated!"
"I know!" the thought of this, filled my heart with pure joy "He might even change the school and move somewhere else out of embarrassment!"
"Amin, girl, amin!"

Then I left and scurried home.

I spent the evening like every other evening and told Michael I was going early to bed, because I needed to prepare for tonight, but before that.. the most important part - the pills.

I waited for the perfect moment when Michael went to use the bathroom. I quickly got up, crushed the pills with a knife and put the powder in his wine. I picked up the glass and shook it so that everything will mix well. I placed it back on the table and sat down as if nothing had happened.

He returned and said

"Guess, I'm gonna go to bed early too." he plumped on the sofa back on his spot "I feel tired today."

I couldn't even hear what he was saying because my heart was beating too fast. I kept staring at the glass which he wasn't even touching! He had to drink the last wine!

He kept talking something and I kept nodding my head, not knowing what he was talking about.

"Well, then, I'm going to bed now!" he got up and started spreading the sheets over the sofa.

He had to drink the wine! He had to, but he wasn't! I had to do something...

I got up and started collecting the empty glasses from the table to bring them to the kitchen. I took his glass and said

"Oh you forgot to drink your wine!" I extended my arm, holding the glass in it towards him. He looked at me weirdly and I probably looked weird... but if he didn't drink it, there'd be no going out tonight! He shrugged his shoulders, took the glass from my hand and with one fast move, drunk the remaining wine to the last drop.
"Here!" he gave me the empty glass and I brought it to the sink.
"Good night, Michael!"
"Good night." and I headed for my room.