Ch. 31 Broken Friendship

Derek's POV

I was resting in front of the TV when a loud knocking at the door interrupted my peace, making me jump in fear. Who could that be?

All that werewolf stuff made me feel uncomfortable in my own home. I was afraid that the beast could come and finish its work from 1953.... It was like I was waiting for the Grim Ripper to come for me.

I got up slowly and walked over to the front door. I was hesitant to open, but then heard familiar voices.

"Mr. Derek!" this was Jessica! "Please open up if you're there! It's important." what could've happened? I felt relieved when I heard her voice and quickly opened the door. Daniel was there too.
"What's going on?" they were looking around and I got the feeling it was because they were hiding.
"We need to go inside first..." Jessica said and I opened the door wide for them.

"What's going on? You don't look very well..." I said once we got in the living room. "And where's YN?" Jessica sighed.
"YN's not coming... and she mustn't know we were here."
"What do you mean?" I couldn't understand those young people! What the hell was going on!? Did they fight or something?
"Derek," Daniel begun "we've found out who our enemy is..."
"You've found out who the werewolf is?" I opened my eyes wide not believing it and felt happiness exploding inside of me!
"Not exactly, but we're very close." Jessica answered.
"What do you mean?" I still couldn't understand.
"YN is in the middle of everything..." Jessica whispered.
"WHAT?" I thought I heard that wrong.
"YN and the werewolf are a team, Derek." she said.
"I don't understand... how could this be and why would you think that?" I asked. YN wasn't the kind of girl to do such crazy things and a murderer.... no way.
"I saw her today and she was coming back from the forest. Alone."
"What would she be doing there?" I asked.
"Maybe she met with the werewolf!" Jessica replied with a worried look on her face "She seems to be meeting with it quite often and every time she does, she's left untouched and unharmed! Have you ever wondered why? I'll tell you why... because they work together!"
"This is crazy..." was all I could say.
"You think it's crazy... Well, what can I say!!! We've been friends ever since I can remember myself and now I realize I don't know her! I don't know my best friend! The girl I spent my childhood with is involved with a psychopath murderer! She's a completely different person!" I saw tears in her eyes as she was speaking and I was completely shocked. "Also, remember the gypsy woman... she went to YN and talked to her! Why? Because she's the closest to the beast and they must have known that from the very beginning! And let's not even mention what YN did to hide the priest's body..." she looked away "When did she become like this? When did she team up with the werewolf? It must have been from the very beginning..."

I was left speechless.

"I just don't know what to say..." I whispered.
"Don't say anything." Daniel said. "I-I..." he stuttered then whispered "I loved her." we both looked at Daniel "I really did and this broke my heart."
"I'm sorry, Daniel.." I said. I'd noticed him looking at her in a different way before, but I thought it was just my imagination. Now I knew it, he liked her. Poor boy...
"I loved her too!" Jess exploded in tears "And now I don't know whom I've loved for so many years! I thought she was my sister, but she's been hiding everything from me!"
"Calm down!" I tried to help "Maybe there's a simple explanation to everything! Maybe we're making a mistake! If life has thought me one thing, it's that we need to check first and then suffer! Don't just judge people..."
"But what can we possibly do to check?" Daniel said "Torture her until she says the truth? Stalk her? Put a camera in her home? Or ma-"
"That's it, Daniel!" I said. He and Jessica looked at me with weird faces "I mean what you said is perfect! We'll sneak a camera into her room and if she really is working with the werewolf, the person behind it must go to her home regularly and we'll see who they are!" I was a genius.
"But we've never seen anybody go..." Jessica said.
"Of course you haven't!" I explained. "'Cause they're hiding! But a camera would show us everything..." I nodded.
"One question here..." Daniel jumped in "How are we gonna bring a camera into her home without her noticing it!? Haa?!!"
"Very easy." I said "Jessica, you're her best friend and you'll go see her and-"
"Are you kidding me!!? I'm afraid to go there!" she replied.
"Don't be, because YN doesn't suspect anything. Then, you'll go to her room to have a girly talk and you'll wait for the right moment! YN will surely leave you alone in the room for at least few minutes. She'll have to go to the restroom or go downstairs to bring food and while she's gone, you're gonna place the camera somewhere, where no one will notice it! That's it!"
"Easier said then done. Why don't you do it?"
"Because like I said, she's your best friend and won't suspect anything if you go see her!"
"He's right, Jess." Daniel said. "I think this is a great plan."
"Then it's decided. I'll buy the camera."