Ch. 20 The priest - a lamb or a beast?

"What did you just say?" I asked the gypsy woman who was staring at me with a weird expression on her face.

She took one step towards me and I instinctively moved backwards

"You're in danger!" she said with her strong accent.
"What?" she took another step towards me. "Stay away from me or I'll scream!" I warned her.
"No no wait! I am not danger to you! I only want to help you!" what??? "The werewolf..." I remained silent for a few seconds.

I thought, what if I let her know that I was aware of the werewolf's presence in our town? And if she told someone or if someone was to see me with her, they'd think I'm crazy! Mr. Derek was enough.. I didn't need to mess with the gypsies too! I had no business with them! They lived isolated in the woods and were weird! They had those crazy rituals or holidays or whatever it was, that we would hear a few times per year! They would light fires and play loud music and do strange things!

Wait... what if one of them was the werewolf?? Oh Lord!

"What? Did you say 'werewolf'? Are you crazy? What the hell is that?"
"Don't pretend!"
"You've seen too many movies woman!" I tried to deny hard.
"You're in danger! The werewolf wants you!"
"What?" she started approaching me even more.
"We know that you were in the forest with your friends! We know the werewolf didn't kill you! It wants something from you!"
"You're crazy..." her words made me so scared, my body had started to shiver and I had no more strength to deny the truth that I've seen the werewolf.
"Listen to me..." she came even closer and I could see her eyes properly now. They were warm and dark brown. She didn't look like a bad person. On the contrary, she seemed to be sincere so I decided to let her talk and not scream (not that I had the strength to scream after hearing about the werewolf wanting me) "Come to our place tonight when the sun has disappeared from the sky!"
"What?! Are you crazy!"
"We don't bite! We are gonna help you! You don't understand... this werewolf is very strong and-" we then saw Daniel, Derek and Jess coming out of the church to probably look for me since I stormed out like crazy. The woman saw them too and said quickly "We'll wait for you!" then turned around and run off.

"HEY YOU WAIT!" Daniel screamed after her, she turned around to look at him, but then started running even faster until she completely disappeared.

The three of them scurried to me and Jess said

"What the hell were you doing with her, YN?"
"She came to me... she talked about the werewolf..."
"WHAT?" they all exclaimed.
"She said their tribe knew about it and that it was very strong... she also told me to..." I looked at them and gulped down "go to them tonight."
"Oh man.. what the hell! We ain't got no time to deal with the gypsies!" Daniel said.
"Wait a minute..." Derek jumped in "how could I have been ignoring the gypsies all this time!"
"What do you Mr. Derek?" Jess asked.
"They live in the forest... they know things... Of course they'll know about the werewolf! Maybe they know even more than us, we have to go tonight, kids!" Daniel rolled his eyes "What else did she say to you, YN?"
"That I'm in danger and the werewolf wants me..."
"What?? YN are you joking?" Jess asked and they all had terrified expressions on their faces. I simply shook my head.
"Oh God.. this is getting from bad to worse!" Daniel added.
"We have to go." Derek said and thank God. I didn't want to go there alone!
"What if she was lying?" Daniel said.
"She isn't, boy." Derek replied "The werewolf didn't kill YN in the forest that night, right?" I nodded "There's a reason for it. It all makes sense now.."
"And why did you storm out of the church like that, YN?" Jess said "We got worried. We thought you figured out who the werewolf was!"
"I ah-" I couldn't tell them why, but couldn't think of a reason right away, since I got so scared, my mind had stopped working "I.."