Ch. 15 Supporter

Long chapter as a reward for keeping you waiting :)
Next update will be Mafia Don

"I've seen the werewolf."

Mr. Derek was staring down at the ground without blinking. He seemed buried in deep memories.

"You have seen the werewolf?" I asked again, interrupting his memoirs.
"I looked it straight in the eyes." he looked at me "Just like I'm looking into your eyes right now."
"But I don't.. understand.." Daniel said.
"Listen, kids, this is not the right place to talk about werewolves. Come to my place tonight and we can talk."
"Wait a minute..." Daniel started "Could it be that you're the werewolf and now that we disturbed you last night, you want to revenge on us by tricking us into thinking that you're not the werewolf but a harmless old man, and then lure us into your home and kill us?" that was a long sentence, but Daniel had a point. I looked at Mr. Derek too, now even more suspicious.
"I am not the werewolf."
"Then how do you know all those things about it? Me and my friends are the only ones that know!" Daniel added.
"I know, because I killed it."
"WHAT?" we both said. Mr. Derek walked over to the door slowly, grabbed the handle and said
"And come before full moon." he opened the door and right in front of it stood Michael with his hand ready to knock. He had coffee in the other one.

Mr. Derek ignored him, but Michael gave him one weird stare, then came in.

"Who was that?" Michael asked.
"Mr. Derek." I replied.
"The town's weirdo." Daniel added.
"And what was he doing here?" Michael asked.
"Nothing, he just saw the door open, came in, started talking and then left. You know.. he's crazy." I couldn't tell Michael about the beast talk.
"Whatever. I'll be waiting for you outside, YN." then Michael left the room.

"I don't like that Michael, YN." Daniel said as soon as Michael closed the door.
"But I do! He lied for me in front of my parents!"
"You seem to like him a lot, YN... don't forget he's your cousin."
"How can you be saying such things! Are you crazy?! That's disgusting!" was it really?
"I am not crazy, nor I'm blind. I know what I see... you should be careful." I rolled my eyes "He doesn't wanna be my rival."
"Stop it Daniel! We have more important things to discuss! We have to go to Mr. Derek's house tonight..."
"And how am I supposed to do that? I'm in a hospital forgot?"
"You'll have to escape and I have to find you a wheel chair. Call your friends, I'll call Jess and we need to come up with a plan to meet somewhere tonight and go together to Derek's house!"
"Yeah.. and do that before full moon." he added "I don't wanna sound like a pussy but walking around town with a werewolf that probably hates us because of last night.. isn't a very clever idea."
"I have the feeling Mr. Derek knows a lot of things about this town, Daniel. Maybe that's why people think he's crazy..." Daniel was looking at Michael through the big glass.
"Your cousin's getting very impatient."
"I'll go now. How about 7pm at the park?"
"Fine."
"See you later."
"Bye."

I left Daniel's room.

"I'm ready." Michael nodded and we headed to the car. Once we got in, he drove off and suddenly asked

"I thought you didn't like that boy, Daniel."
"I don't." I replied.
"Didn't get that impression few minutes ago..." his voice was calm, but somehow.. cold.
"What do you mean?" I looked at him, but his eyes were focused on the road. He made a short pause, then said
"You seemed very happy to see him..."
"I was happy to know he's alive! I don't like him, but I'm happy he's okay, because he's a human, cousin." I sarcastically said the last word, but that sarcasm was on me.

Deep inside of me... very, very deep, I didn't want him to be my cousin.

"Yes, he is. Remember what that human tried to do to you and your friend? Thank God I was there..."
"That's in the past. Now he's hurt and needs help and understanding."
"You like him, don't you?" I looked at him.