Ch. 23 Our Love

YN's POV

This wasn't good... not at all.

I kept staring at the empty spot on which I placed the special knife last night and my mind couldn't figure out what must have happened and where did the knife go?!

I heard a knocking at my door and then Michael opened it.

"YN..." he whispered and came in. I couldn't tell him about the knife or about the gypsies! What if he thought I was completely crazy and pushed me away from him? I couldn't risk our love, now that I knew he loved me back! There was just no way in hell I was going to let anything get between us!
"Yes?" I turned around and took a few steps closer to him.
"It was the neighbors, but don't worry I got them fooled. Everything seems to be okay now..."
"That's great." he came closer to me and slowly wrapped his arms around me, until my head rested on his neck.
"We just gotta be more careful from now..."
"Yes..." I replied, still looking at the empty spot.
"Especially when we're out in public. If someone notices what's going on between us, we're going to get into a lot of trouble." I placed my hands on his waist to push myself in front of him, so that I could look into his eyes.
"I'll never let that happen! I won't be able to live with myself if you got in trouble because of me!"
"And I won't be able to live if you weren't next to me... always from now on." he gently brushed his finger over my cheek, then his phone rung. He pulled it out of his pocked and when he saw the number, he sighed and the expression on his face changed completely. "My mother..." he said with pain.
"Well, pick up!" he hesitated for a second, then picked up.

"Hello, mother."

This was the first time he talked to someone from his family. I never heard him do it before. I guessed it was because of the divorce. He did say his family was strongly against it..

"What?"

after a short pause, he said

"Alright, I'll come, mother. Fine. Bye." he sighed, and put the phone back into his pocket.

"What happened?" I asked.
"She said my father's very ill..."
"What?!"
"She wants me to go see him."
"Then go!"
"I just don't know if he wants to see me." he looked down with eyes almost wet.
"Of course he wants! He must miss you very much!"
"You don't know my father, YN and what he's capable of and what he's done to me..." I could sense a huge pain in his voice as he was talking. "I'll go only because of mother. I have to leave now, YN. I'm so sorry I'm leaving you here, I would take you with me, but I don't want you to see my family. It's the worst family ever..."
"I'm sorry..."
"I'll tell you some other time. Can you stay alone for 2 days, princess?"
"Yes, of course!"
"I'm so sorry it went like this and I don't wanna leave you now, but-"
"Don't worry, Michael. The only thing I need is to know that you love me. I'll wait for you, don't worry about that! Go see your dad and family, and don't worry about me. Don't listen to my parents, I can take care of myself."
"I'll call your parents and I'll let them know." I nodded my head. "Then I'll call at the airport to see if they have tickets for today."

After he was done talking, he changed clothes and I made him a sandwich in case he got hungry.

"YN, I want you to promise me that you'll stay out of trouble."
"I will."
"And stay away from the forest!" his voice got really serious "I don't want you to go there at any price!"
"I won't go there."
"And stay away from Daniel and his friends! I don't like them at all!" I nodded my head, knowing that this was going to be a little hard, since I was working with Daniel on our werewolf 'case'. "Take care of yourself. I've left you money in the kitchen, if you need more, call me and I'll send you more!"
"Don't worry, Michael, everything's gonna be okay!" he then suddenly pulled me in his arms for a hug and whispered in my ear
"I need one more thing from you..."
"What is it?"
"Tell me that you love me again... " my heart begun beating faster and I couldn't feel the ground beneath my feet anymore. Knowing that he needed my love made me euphoric.
"I love you, Michael..."
"I love you, YN." he pressed his soft lips on mine for a sweet, deep kiss filled with passion and love.

A few minutes after he left, my phone rung and it was Mr. Derek. I picked up

"Good morning, YN!"
"Good morning..."
"Today is the day we test the priest. I called Jess and Daniel too, we're gonna meet at my house in 30 minutes to discuss the details about tonight. Take the knife and come too, it's very important!"
"Mr. Derek I-"
"Don't tell me you can't come! You have to! We need to take care of this and do it as soon as possible! See you later!" with this he hung up and didn't let me tell him that the knife was gone.

How was I going to tell them?

I changed clothes and headed for Mr. Derek's house. After like 10 minutes I got there and greeted Jess and Daniel who were already there, waiting for me. We sat down and Derek made tea for us.

"Today is the day!" he said enthusiastically "And if the priest is the werewolf, which he is, we're going to kill him and everything will be over tonight!"
"One question.." Daniel said.
"Yes?"
"What are we going to do with the body afterwards?"
"We're gonna burry him in the forest and no one must know what we're going to do tonight! This must remain our secret forever!"
"Of course."
"Yeah.." we all agreed.
"Now here's my plan..." Derek begun "Jess and YN will go to the priest and tell him that I'm very ill and will probably die. You'll also tell him that I ask him to come and say a prayer for me to leave this world in peace. Once he enters the house, we're going to lure him into the basement and together with Daniel, we're gonna grab him and push him inside the cell! Afterwards, we wait until he transforms and... we kill him." he whispered which made me shiver. We were going to kill a person tonight. "Does that sound good?" we all nodded our heads and agreed that his plan was good. "Now, YN give me the knife so I can put it close to the cell for tonight." everybody looked at me, waiting for the knife.
"Ahh... the knife.. I have to tell you something about it..."
"Yes?"
"The knife is... gone."