Rubber Ducks and Medicine

**Sorry, a bit of a long chapter! And I want to say that due to recent shitty parent events, I won't be able to update as much. I'm so sorry guys but my parents are restricting the time I am allowed on my phone and shit. I will try my best to update quickly but I'm so sorry if I can't. Love you!!**

Liam sat Niall on the toilet seat and gave Niall a gentle look.
"Come on then Mister." Liam smiled, rolling up his shirt sleeves and indicating Niall to get undressed.
"Need any help, or you alright here if I go make dinner?" Louis asked.
"Sure, I can manage." Liam smiled to Louis who exited the bathroom and went downstairs to make dinner for Harry and Zayn when they got back.
Niall began blushing.
"Turn around then.." The Irish lad mumbled under his breath, tugging his socks off. Liam folded his arms.
"Alright." Liam said, turning his back on Niall so he could get undressed.
Niall got undressed completely, and got into the bath.
"Alright I'm done." Niall said. Liam turned around and smiled at Niall.
"Great. Let's wash your hair." Liam smiled, reaching for the baby shampoo.
Suddenly the bathroom door opened and Niall shouted to whoever was there not to come in, covering his bits and bobs with his hands. Liam turned around to see who was there.
It was Harry and Zayn.
"Mummy!! Daddy!!" Niall opened his eyes in delight to see that Zayn and Harry were back. Zayn grinned and bent down to kiss Niall on his head.
"Hey darling. Having fun?" Zayn laughed, looking at the bubble bath that Niall was sat in. Niall nodded enthusiastically.
"Uh-huh!" Niall smiled. Harry gasped and got a bag of toys, suddenly the bath was full of rubber ducks, foam letters and other floaty sea themed bath toys.
Niall gasped.
"YAAAAY!" He grinned, grabbing a rubber duck and squeezing it, filling its tummy with water he aimed it at Zayn, Harry and Liam, soaking them. Niall fell about laughing as the three boys looked at the Irish boy.
"Oh Nialler!" Harry laughed, wiping the water off his shirt.
"How'd I know you were gonna do that?" Zayn smiled, looking at Niall who was still giggling away In the bathtub.
"Sowwy, it's just so funny." Niall calmed down his hectic laughter. Liam looked at his soaked shirt and took it off, wringing it out into the toilet, which triggered giggles from Niall.
"I'm gonna go get changed." Liam said, smiling down at Niall.
"Alright. I might as well too." Harry agreed, looking at Zayn. Zayn nodded and waved them both off. They both exited the bathroom, leaving Niall and Zayn in the bathroom together. Zayn got the bottle of baby shampoo and splurged a generous amount into his palm, looking at Niall.
"Come on then snowflake." Zayn cooed, Niall turned his back to Zayn so he could wash the boys blonde hair. As Zayn rubbed in the baby shampoo Niall actually enjoyed Zayn's fingers running through his scalp, it was like a massage.
"Close your eyes darling." Zayn said, getting a plastic solo cup and filling it with water. Niall nodded and closed his eyes, Zayn poured the water over the boys head and washed out the shampoo from his hair.
"Okay, done. Let's dry you off." Zayn smiled, getting a warm white towel from the radiator. Niall looked down.
Zayn rolled his eyes.
"Oh Niall, come on babe, I wouldn't dare look at you like that." Zayn said softly. Niall swallowed thickly, getting out of the tub and into Zayn's arms, wrapping the towel around him in the process. Niall began to feel sleepy as the warm and soft fabric soothed him deeply, like a childhood blanket he desperately wanted to hold on to. Zayn rolled Niall up in the blankets and carried the boy to his bedroom, placing Niall onto the changing table. Zayn turned to Niall's bed where his onesie, a fresh pull up and a pacifier was laid out for him. Zayn smiled and took the items, placing them next to Niall on the changing table.
"Arms up bud." Zayn smiled softly, Niall raised his arms above his head so that Zayn could take the towel off of him, leaving Niall uncomfortable and naked in front of Zayn. Niall covered his bits and bobs with his hands as Zayn powdered the pull up and pulled it over Niall's waist. Niall sat up one Zayn had put the pull up on him and went to reach for his onesie. Zayn softly took Niall's wrist.
"Nialler.." Zayn reminded, in a low tone. Niall let go of the onesie and gave it to Zayn, who took it and pulled it over the boys legs, and over his torso, zipping it up at the front. Zayn smiled and pressed two fingers to Niall's forehead, checking to see if he was still warm, he was quite warm.
"Let's go downstairs baby." Zayn smiled, picking Niall up into his arms and carrying him downstairs to the living room where Louis and Harry were setting up a "Film night." Niall's eyes widened and he squirmed in Zayn's grasp, saying he wanted to get down. Zayn let Niall onto the carpeted floor, he crawled adorably to Harry and Louis who had a selection of films in their hands. Meanwhile, Zayn went into the kitchen, seeing that Liam was making a cup of tea for himself and a sippy cup of juice for Niall. Zayn smiled.
"Hey, film night tonight Li." Zayn grinned, making Liam jump slightly as he spoke, breaking the kitchens silence.
"Haha, yeah. Disney though." Liam said, a gentle smile on his face. Zayn nodded.
"Niall won't be too happy!" Zayn chuckled. Liam laughed and nodded, taking his cup of tea with him to the other boys and Niall's sippy cup.
Zayn remembered what he wanted to do, and grabbed a small bottle of paracetamol medicine from the medicine cabinet. Zayn examined the bottle and read the label.
To be used orally once a day depending on variations of age in children. Older children can have up to two doses every six hours. Younger children only once a day. Banana flavoured oral medicine.
Zayn popped open the child-proof cap and twisted it off, getting a large spoon and walking into the living room with it. Niall looked up at Zayn who had the small bottle of medicine in his hand, squinting, trying to read what it was.
"Hey Nialler. I got some medicine for you. It will help take your temperature down and make you feel better." Zayn said, bending down to pick Niall up and sit on the sofa with Niall in his lap.
"What flavour..?" Niall inquired, giving a cautious look at the bottle. Zayn's hand covered the label so he couldn't read it.
Zayn chuckled. "It's strawberry Niall." He chucked, knowing how cautious Niall was of nasty tasting medicines.
Zayn fully well knew Niall hated banana flavoured medicine, but he wanted Niall to feel better and knew he would put up a fight if he knew it was banana.
"O-okay." Niall said, watching as Zayn poured a generous amount of clear gloop onto the spoon, and pointing the spoon towards Niall's mouth. Niall eyed the spoon cautiously before opening his mouth, and Zayn put the spoon in before Niall could stop him. Niall's eyes widened and he squirmed uncomfortably as the flavour of banana hit his mouth, seeing the Irish boys struggle Harry rubbed Niall's back supportively.
"Swallow it Nialler. It's gonna make you feel better." Harry comforted, Niall gagged at the gross flavour mixed with his saliva.
"Niall, come on babe." Harry cooed, kissing the boys cheek. Niall swallowed the medicine and reached for his sippy cup, taking a grateful glug from it, hoping to get rid of the awful taste of banana from his mouth.
"You said it was strawberry!" Niall shot an angry look Zayn's way. Zayn chuckled.
"Sorry, but it will help you feel a lot better. I knew if I told you it was banana you would put up a fight. Sorry Niall." Zayn apologised to Niall, who took another sip from his sippy cup.
"Come on boys, it's film night! Niall would you like to choose the film?" Liam chided in cheerfully. Louis smiled and got up to make some snacks for the boys. Niall nodded and peered at the selection of films. They were all Disney.
"Disney?? Ugh." Niall gave a slight groan. Niall grabbed the most interesting one he could see, Monsters Inc, and gave it to Zayn.
"Good choice!" Zayn praised. Niall smiled and sat on the sofa, next to Harry. Then Louis walked in with arms full of snacks, placing them all down on the table in front of the boys and sitting next to Liam on the sofa opposite Harry and Niall. Zayn slided in the DVD and sat on the other side of Niall. Liam got up and turned the lights off, throwing Niall a soft blue blanket in the process. Niall smiled gratefully, Harry spread the blanket over Niall, tucking it in around his body.
"There we go. All snug like a bug in a rug." Harry smiled to Niall, passing him his sippy cup and a small bowl of salty popcorn to share. Niall thanked Harry and smiled, happily watching the film.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
It was more than halfway through the film when Niall suddenly realised how sleepy he was, carelessly he gave in to his body's demands and fell asleep, his head resting comfortably against Harry's shoulder.
Harry gave a pleasantly shocked look to the other boys and signalled they should take him to bed. The boys nodded and all got up, all gathering around Niall and Harry. Harry grabbed Nialls upper half with some support from Zayn, and Liam and Louis took Nialls legs and feet. The four gently and slowly carried Niall upstairs, careful not to drop him.
"Poor baby. He's exhausted." Louis whispered as he and the three other bandmates lay Niall in his cot, tucking him in with teddies and blankets.
"I know, bless him." Harry cooed quietly. One by one the boys kissed Niall on the forehead and said their goodnights, all then trailing back downstairs to watch a film of their choice.