The Betrayal

*WARNING: Another sad chapter. I'm sorry!*
Also, HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! This book hit 50K reads! Jesus Christ I really never thought I would reach this goal so soon, and it's all thanks to you. Yeah you, my darling reader. Thank you so so much for all the lovely votes and uplifting comments. I will shut up now and let you read! And as always, enjoy!!! All the love, Ally! Xoxoxo

Niall sat in the corner and cried bitterly as the thunder and lightning crashed and flashed outside, making the small boy whimper and hug his legs in attempt to try and comfort himself. Surely it had been more than ten minutes by now! Niall keenly listened out for the returning footsteps of Louis, or any really, Niall just wanted to get away from the thunder and lightning that was booming and crashing outside like an angry lion.
Niall heard footsteps, his eyes looked over to the closed door in hope.
"D-daddy?" Niall whispered shakily, his small knuckles white in fear.
The footsteps disappeared before Niall had a chance to call out for someone again. He screamed and jumped in fear as a flash of lightning ripped across the dark room just as the door opened, Niall cried out and fell off the tall stool and onto the floor, quivering pathetically as he lay in a terrified heap. The footsteps came over to Niall, the boy could sense someone looking down at him. Niall bit his lip as a fat tear rolled down his cheek and onto the floor.
"Niall...Did you fall?"
The voice was sharp and cruel like a knife, almost mocking. Niall sat up and looked at the eyes that were looking down at him: Harry!
Niall gasped in relief and wrapped his skinny arms around Harry's legs, happy that his Daddy had finally came to rescue him. Niall felt hands picking him up like a small infant, as he wanted to be treated.
"I missed you.." Niall whispered in glee, burying his head into Harry's jumper. Harry didn't respond, but Niall noticed he was walking upstairs; no doubt to the nursery to play with him, or maybe even give him a bath and play with his toys.
It was the nursery. Niall felt so happy and secure in Harry's arms.
"Let go Nialler." Harry chuckled as Niall needingly clung to Harry's shirt. That was the last thing Niall wanted at that moment: To let go. Regardless of what Niall thought he let go of Harry and was lowered into his crib.
Niall sat up, holding the bars and watching Harry closely.
"Don't go Daddy.." Niall whimpered. Harry smiled and ruffled Nialls soft hair.
"Well- I guess I could play, how about we-" Harry stopped as he heard Lux cry out for him.
"Hang on here a mo." Harry smiled, rushing out of the nursery to attend to Lux. Niall sighed as he watched his beloved Daddy run and attend to Lux.
Just as Niall heard Lux stop crying Zayn came into the nursery.
"Mama?" Niall squeaked hopefully, looking into Zayns wide brown orbs.
Zayn smiled and picked the small boy up, hoisting him onto his hip and laying him on the changing table, getting out a cute blue footed onesie for him.

After he was ready, Zayn picked Niall up again and walked out of the nursery with him, much to Nialls pleasant surprise.
"What's happening mummy?" Niall enquired.
"We are gonna watch a film together." Zayn explained as he walked into the living room where everyone was rushing around, but Harry, much to Nialls dismay, was playing with Lux.
Nialls eye twitched in jealousy. He couldn't help but want Harry all to himself but even in his headspace he knew better than to act up.
Niall was gently sat down on the sofa in front of the TV, bowls of snacks laid out in front of him on the coffee table.
"Here we are Lux, the Beauty and The Beast." Liam smiled as he walked into the room, holding Lux's favourite DVD in his hands. She cheered and clapped her hands clumsily as she sat between Harry's legs on the sofa next to Niall.
Niall looked down, trying not to let Lux get to him, but it was near impossible when Harry began tickling Lux, making her giggle madly. It filled Niall with rage and jealousy that he couldn't control. Soon enough the film had been put on and the lights were off, Niall was wedged between Louis and Zayn, while Liam, Lux and Harry sat on the sofa beside them, everyone was focused on the film. Niall was happily drinking from his sippy cup of orange juice when he looked over to Lux and Harry.
Lux was cuddled up against Harry, seemingly asleep as she snored lightly against Harry's chest, her back to the rest of the bandmates.
About time. Niall thought to himself. Niall poked Zayn, who was sat beside Niall and looked into his eyes.
"May I sit with Harry now?" Niall asked quietly, as to not wake up or disturb Lux. Zayn shook his head.
"Sorry babe, no." Zayn said simply, smiling at Niall as he finished talking and returning his attention to the film. Nialls mouth parted in shock, why the hell not??
"Why?" Niall pestered. Zayn sighed quietly, but smiled as he turned to Niall.
"Because we don't wanna disturb Lux, do we?" Zayn reasoned, ruffling Nialls fluffy blonde hair playfully. Niall frowned and huffed, catching the attention of Harry.
"What's wrong Niall?" Harry whispered kindly, rocking Lux in his arms.
"Shhh Niall your gonna wake up Lux!" Louis hissed impatiently, eyeballing the blonde boy. Niall was taken aback. Why was everyone suddenly so angry at him?
"It's okay, she's well away." Harry smiled, looking at Niall for him to say what was bothering him. Niall went to explain he only wanted to cuddle Harry now that Lux was asleep but Louis paused the film and stood up.
All the boys looked at the feather haired boy.
"Niall, what is it that's bothering you?" Louis said patiently, suddenly Niall noticed how all eyes were on him, he felt like a fool now. They probably all thought that what he wanted to say would be mega important.
Niall fumbled with his fingers and bit his lip in hesitation.
"I-I-I-Uhmm..." Nialls brain turned to mush.
"I just wanted to know if I could cuddle with Harry.." He managed to squeak. There was a pause. Everyone's attention rapidly changed when Lux began to stir as she lay in Harry's arms.
The tension became stifling once Lux began to cry wildly, clutching to Harry's shirt.
"Oh god, I will get her teddy!" Liam ran upstairs, suddenly it was once again all eyes on Lux and Niall had became invisible just as he had feared he would be. Lux sat bolt upright in Harry's arms, she was bawling her little eyes out.
"M-M-Mummy!" Lux screamed, wildly thrashing as Harry tried to comfort her. Niall covered his ears as her shrill cries shook the house. Liam ran back downstairs with her favourite teddy in his hands. Liam ran over to Lux and shushed her cries as all the other boys but Niall cooed over her. Niall sighed.
"Don't cry Luxy-Lou, shh baby.." Niall heard Harry coo as she clutched her teddy tightly, fat tears rolling down her cheeks as she cried. Niall then had a great idea! He could help comfort Lux and get the attention he wanted from his daddy and Mummy too!
Niall crawled from the sofa and over to where the boys were crowding around Lux and Harry, trying to comfort the crying toddler. Niall went to squeeze between Louis' legs but Zayn picked up Niall and placed the boy on his hip, making Niall squeak in surprise.
Zayn was taking Niall upstairs. Did they see him as a chore or problem? Was he in the way?
Zayn carried Niall upstairs and he was placed into his nursery once again. Zayn turned on his heel briskly to leave but Niall reached out.
"Mummy?" Niall squeaked. Zayn paused and turned around to look at the small blonde boy sat on the floor.
"Yes babe?" Zayn smiled, his brown eyes shining.
"What about my Daddy?" Niall asked. Zayn sighed.
"He's looking after Lux. Now stay here and play while we take care of her." Zayn said, exiting the nursery and slamming the door behind him, making Niall jump.
Zayn had forgot to turn on the light. Niall was alone in the darkness of his once happy nursery. His own bedroom had become somewhere he didn't want to be anymore, as if it was a punishment to be in his nursery. Niall sighed and crawled to the wall where the light was, he got on his knees and stretched his arm up, he managed to reach the light. Niall fell back down to his knees and sighed, sitting on his feet.
Aside from everything, this had been such a lonely day for Niall, the boys just didn't seem to care about Niall anymore. This sent the Irish lad off, his sadness growing to frustration at his bandmates. His thoughts negatively piled on top of each other, and how it made sense the boys had had enough of 'Little Niall.'
If they hadn't had enough they would still look after him, regardless of wether Lux was there. And anyway, it was better off if Niall just took care of himself while Lux was here.
Suddenly, Niall didn't feel like sucking his thumb, he didn't feel like calling Zayn 'Mummy' or Harry 'Daddy,' his headspace had left him.
The now out of headspace Niall stood up, wobbling slightly as he did.
Niall looked over at the clock that stood on the nursery wall, it read 7.15pm.
Niall shrugged and decided to stay in his onesie, but put on some boxers and not his diaper. It felt gross wearing it when he was out of his headspace.
Niall shoved on some boxers and pulled his onesie back up, zipping it up along the front. Niall reached to grab the doorhandle, but hesitated to open it.
No doubt the boys would question Niall, but they would be too busy with Lux anyway. Niall just shrugged his shoulders and opened the door.

Haha! *GASP* Niall came out of headspace! What will happen? Hehe! THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING 50K reads once again guys!
I love you all! From Ally Xxxx