[ Chapter VII ] - The Sun and the Moon

There was a moment of silence and just when Taekwoon was about to answer the mysterious man, it was too late and he fired another attack of warning at Taekwoon.

"Wait," Taekwoon said trying to make the man stop his attacks.

Taekwoon didn't want any unnecessary violence especially at a time when he was running of patience and becoming frustrated from the heat. But the man didn't listen. He was angry at Taekwoon for intruding and was ready to attack Taekwoon directly this time. Taekwoon could sense the man's intent to kill. He began to take his stance, ready to fight if he really had to, and Taekwoon may even have to kill the man to defend himself. Hyuk stepped forward as well, ready to fight alongside his master.

The man launched a big blast of fire directly at Taekwoon this time, disregarding the fact that they were still inside the small cottage. Taekwoon glanced back at the drawing that was still on his mind and didn't want it destroyed. So he dodged the blast and fled outside to the nothingness to take the fight elsewhere. The man didn't give up and followed him. One blast after another, there was no mercy in any of the man's attack. Taekwoon dodged left and right from each attack but barely escaping the blasts that bounced off the ground.

"Who do you think you are entering someone's home and destroying my door?!" The man finally said as he continued his attacks.

"Wait. That's your home? Isn't that where the witch is supposed to live? But you're a man..." Taekwoon glances the man from head to bottom. Definitely a man.

"And who said a man can't practice witchcraft? Hmph, you nobles are the same as those senile old men up above,' the man blasted another fireball at Taekwoon's feet.

"Wait, please. I didn't come to fight you. I only wanted to ask for help."

"What? By destroying my property?"

"I'm sorry I wasn't thinking properly but I only destroyed your door... you nearly set your place on fire. Anyways, I really need your help!" Taekwoon continues to persuade the man.

"Save it! There's no way I'll be helping you nobles."

The fight continued and Taekwoon could feel his body becoming exhausted both from the excessive heat and the overuse of his powers. He was beginning to feel faint but he can't allow his guard to be down. He has to stay standing no matter what. Just as he landed, his feet started to give in despite his mind trying to stay conscious. The man saw this as an opportunity and aimed the final blast at Taekwoon.

Oh no, Taekwoon thought as he closed his eyes.

Just then, Hyuk ran up in front of his master to take the blast and his entire body flew in the back, letting out a painful whimper.

"HYUK!"

Taekwoon opened his eyes to see Hyuk fly right behind him and rushed to his partner.

"Are you okay? Answer me please."

Hyuk was in pain and his breathing became very unstable. He let out another whimper from the pain when Taekwoon tried to see his wounds. Taekwoon couldn't bear the sight of his friend in such a state and was beginning to panic. He didn't know what to do but only watch his friend hurting. It broke Taekwoon's heart and he was beginning to tear up.

"Step aside," the man surprised Taekwoon from behind.

Taekwoon stepped in front of Hyuk to defend him.

"Please don't hurt him, he's ... important to me. You can kill me but please let Hyuk go," Taekwoon pleaded.

The man sighed.