[Chapter XXXIV] Her Last Gift

Hakyeon and Hongbin spent weeks in the Underworld training around the marshlands. The darkness and souls that lurk around them no longer scared them as much as it did before. Their training with Jaehwan and Ravi was slowly showing progress. Ravi was able to bring the barrier down as soon as the two visitors showed improvement in their abilities. Casting a barrier consistently was dealing a huge impact on Ravi's powers and mentality. Though he insisted that he was alright, the boys could tell that the 'witch' of the Underworld was more tired than he sounded.

Hongbin learned the spells and witchcraft from Ravi in a very quick manner and was even able to discuss magic and sorcery with Ravi as if he had specialized in the field for a very long time. The two of course, still fought from time to time but mostly on things that neither Hakyeon nor Jaehwan could interfere with.

Hakyeon, on the other hand, has been strengthening his physical abilities such as fighting and swords skills on top of stabilizing his mentality. However, his powers as half of a God laid dormant. He was in a slight dilemma.

Maybe the 'God' half of him doesn't exist anymore since he never realized he was half a God until recently... but his dilemma was proven wrong shortly after his training had begun,

The side of him that was a 'God' did exist and it was due to his stay in the Underworld that brought his 'other' side out. During the times when he had put his guard down and let the evils consume him, his Godly powers came out to destroy.

"Hakyeon! Snap out of it! You need to take back control of yourself! Don't let him get inside your head!" Hakyeon could hear Jaehwan yelling at him during the first time when the incident had broken out.

Indeed, Hakyeon's other half as a God was alive and lurks deep inside of him, waiting to come out again and take possession of both Hakyeon's body and mind. Whenever his 'evil' half came out, Hakyeon's powers would awaken and he would lose his conscience until he realized that he had already caused so much destruction for it to be fixed. There would be times when he wakes up from his subconsciousness and saw that the other three were already exhausted and injured trying to bring him back to life. Because of this, Hakyeon finally realized that the fear for who he was when he was younger, meant something much more. His other half was the reason why he constantly felt so empty and dark inside no matter how much everyone around him tried to prove him otherwise. His fear and insecurities have created the eviler half of him without him realizing that he had already created a monster since he was a child. He was worried that if he didn't strengthen himself more, he would end up hurting everyone again. But Jaehwan, Hongbin as well as Ravi, made a promise to bring Hakyeon back to life no matter what happens. They were by his side, watching over him and protecting him.

Hakyeon wasn't alone.

"I'm sorry guys. I made you all worried again..." Hakyeon apologized.

"Don't worry about it. Are you okay though?" Jaehwan asked.

Hakyeon nodded," my head hurts a bit, that's all."

"Must be the side effects again. Let's rest up before we go back to training again," Jaehwan suggested.

"Thanks."

"Do you want to go take a walk around town? Might help you relax better."

"Isn't it still too dangerous for us to be walking around though? Us, being humans and all..." Hongbin asked.

"The first time, it was dangerous but that's because you guys didn't have enough powers to hide your scents. But you two are a lot stronger now so it shouldn't matter. I'll also put up a barrier to help conceal you guys so don't worry. It's too boring to always stay in this dull place anyways. We need a breather."