[ Chapter VIII ] - It's All Mine, My Fantasy

Sixteen years, never in Taekwoon's sixteen years did he think he would ever agree to steal something from his father. He has only learned to avoid and fear his father who had the most power and control in the Underworld. Not only did Taekwoon feared his father but everyone in the Underworld feared the man even despite all their gossiping and murmurs.

Taekwoon's father was once a God from the Heavens along with his two elder brothers. But when they agreed to battle one another in order to divide their powers over the different realms, they betrayed Taekwoon's father together and banished him down to the Underworld to rule over. Once a God was banished from the Heavens, they were to never step into the skies again. The grudge and thoughts of vengeance remain within Taekwoon's father and he would stop at nothing for revenge, even if it meant turning the Underworld upside down with his rage.

When Taekwoon agreed to help Ravi, it didn't take much hesitation for him to agree but now that he's alone, Taekwoon began to worry. For one, he feared about the consequences if he was to fail in stealing the Moon from his father and two, he never knew about the existent of such an item until Ravi mentioned it. Therefore, he didn't know where his father could possibly have hidden it. The next several days, Taekwoon was secretly exploring the mansion as thoroughly as he could. The place he called 'home', was still a mystery to him because he never cared to go anywhere else except the rooms he frequents. In order to figure out where his father might be hiding the sacred item, he would try to retrace his father's steps and actions in hopes that his father would automatically lead him to what he was looking for.

Although Taekwoon was working hard to finding the Moon, he couldn't help but continuously have thoughts of doubts and worries. Is what he's doing really be worth it in the end? To the point of taking such a risk? And what if he fails?

* * * * * *

"Ya!"

Taekwoon snapped from his thoughts.

"You're not listening to me again are you!?" Hakyeon yells at Taekwoon from the other side.

"Huh?"

Hakyeon sighs.

"I know you're quiet but you're acting extra strange today. I know you're definitely distracted by something and you're not listening to me at all!" Hakyeon pouted. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing... sorry," Taekwoon answered. He was too deep in his thoughts for the past week or so, to the point he forgot that they were in the middle of celebrating the 'tenth' year since they've met one another.

"Taekwoon-ah, remember when we first met here?"

"Mhmm." There no way Taekwoon could forget. He remembers every detail and moment since they first met and how his lifelong friend has become the most important part of his life. Without Hakyeon and his influences, who knows what Taekwoon would've become? He could still be the boy who was timid, inferior and silently enjoying the teasing from others in order to gain their attention. But because of Hakyeon, Taekwoon learned about laughter and joy, expectations and the wonders outside of the Underworld. Hakyeon was Taekwoon's only light and the reason that his heart would skip in rhythms each time they met.

"I know we don't get the chance to talk much lately since we've both been busy and well, I say this a lot too but.... Taekwoon-ah, you're my lifelong friend and I want us to remain together for a very, very long time. I don't regret ever making you my friend, even if it felt one-sided at first. I know it's cheesy to say this but I'm not lying each time I say it. I just feel like telling you this again because, well, I don't get to say it as much as I used to."