[Chapter XXXIII] God of the Dead

As Hongbin slept, the other three sat outside in the living room. Hakyeon was staring at the man, who was staring angrily back at Jaehwan for some reason. The atmosphere within the room was heavy and it made Hakyeon, who was caught in the middle of the two, really nervous.

"Don't look at me like that Wonshikkie-ah. You're going to make me blush." Jaehwan joked and placed both his hands to cover his face from 'embarrassment.'

"Don't joke with me, Lee Jaehwan. Why are you here? And you brought this with you," the man named Ravi said as he pointed at Hakyeon.

"What? Hakyeon-hyung wanted to see Taekwoonie, so I brought him here. What's wrong with that?"

"What's wrong? Don't you know that bringing humans to the Underworld is against the rules? Are you out of your mind? How did you get here in the first place?" Ravi continued.

"With this," Jaehwan took the keys out of his pocket and dangled it in front of Ravi's face.

"How did-"

"I stole it, duh."

Jaehwan smiled and stuck his tongue to tease the other. Hakyeon knows that Jaehwan can be quite playful at times but was this really the situation to be joking around? It seems that the two that sat in front of him knows one another but it also seems that Ravi, wasn't very pleased to see Jaehwan here. Hakyeon could only guess what may have happened between the two of them.

"Anyways, this is Ravi or just call him Wonshik," Jaehwan finally introduced the man to Hakyeon in a light-hearted tone.

"Hello," Hakyeon greeted with a bow.

"Hmph," Ravi snarled at the both of them, obviously not welcoming the stranger in his cabin.

"Don't worry. Our Wonshikkie is just a grumpy child like always. Aren't you?" Jaehwan leaned towards Ravi to ruffle his hair.

"Stop that! Don't touch me!" Ravi smacked his hands away. "Stop joking around. Get to the point. Why are you here?"

Jaehwan sighed.

"Gosh, weren't you paying attention at all just now? We're here to look for Taekwoon. Where can we find him?"

"And what makes you think that I'll tell you?"

"Please. I really need to find Taekwoon. I have to tell him... I have to apologize for everything." Hakyeon pleaded.

"Even after breaking him to shreds, you still have the nerves to come to say you're sorry? What if you're lying to me? What if you just came to hurt him even more? Don't you think you've already done enough damage?" Ravi felt furious just looking at Hakyeon that he continued to throw harsh words at the latter.

"No. You're wrong. I... I really regret it. Everything! I don't know what I can do to make things better but I just know that I need to apologize to him. He's always done so much for me yet I didn't even realize it until recently. I only thought about myself and didn't know how much I've actually hurt him. I want to at least tell him that I'm sorry," Hakyeon suddenly began to cry. The guilt pained him much more than before. His heart felt the weight and it hurt, so much that it was suffocating him.

"And what if he doesn't want your apology?" Ravi asked.

"It doesn't matter. Not anymore. I just want him to know. I didn't mean everything I said in the past. I would never want to break up with him. I lied about wanting to return as just friends. I was just so... stupid at the time and I've been living with these regrets."

"Can't you at least help this poor kid?" Jaehwan asked for Hakyeon, who couldn't stop his tears and stuttering to continue his words.

Ravi scratched his head, not knowing what to do to stop Hakyeon from crying. He could tell the boy was in a mess of his own.