[Chapter XXXVII] Hello Again

The Hyuk that Hakyeon remembers was clearly the name of the dog that followed Taekwoon around no matter where his master had gone.

However, the tall boy who was standing in front of him at the moment also introduced himself with the same name.

"Hyuk?"

"Mhmm. Hyuk."

Hakyeon looked at the boy dumbfounded, still not knowing how to make sense of the strange introduction.

"Don't tell me you've already forgotten about me. You only remember my master and not me? I thought I was important too. At least to the point that you kept calling me 'Hyogi' even though I didn't like it..."

"But... the 'Hyuk' that I know of... is a dog. A black and caramel-colored Doberman."

"Oh right! I forgot. Oops. Guess I'm too used to this form that I totally forgot. One second."

Immediately, Hyuk cast a spell around himself and transformed into the dog that Hakyeon remembers but much bigger and no longer a child. The boy really was Hyuk.

"But how?" Hakyeon was surprised.

"We guardians usually have two different forms, one of an animal and another of a God. But only high-level guardians can obtain both forms. So, how do I look?" Hyuk asked while he transformed back and forth between his two forms.

"You're... tall and handsome." Hakyeon looked up at the boy's height. Quite envious of it.

Hakyeon couldn't stop staring at Hyuk and his old memories with him and Taekwoon started to rush back into his mind. Hyuk was a small puppy the first time Hakyeon heard his call. If it wasn't for Hyuk's barking, Hakyeon wouldn't have noticed that there was someone on the other side of the door. When he met Hyuk for the first time, he was delighted to see how cute the pup was and immediately thought of a nickname for him.

"Hyogi."

Even as a puppy, Hakyeon could tell that Hyuk didn't like the nickname but he also couldn't resist calling him that because he thought it suited him too well. Hyuk was quite quiet as a puppy but he was also very courageous and obedient. He listened well to Hakyeon and especially his master, Taekwoon. He did his absolute best at staying quietly by his master's side at all times and protecting him.

When Hakyeon first received the job as Hongbin's bodyguard, he sometimes thought back at Hyuk's role as Taekwoon's guard dog. He wanted to perform his position just as greatly as Hyuk did.

As Hyuk led Hakyeon down to the Tower, a magical spell was aimed at Hyuk. Hyuk dodged immediately but separated him from Hakyeon.

"Get away from him!" Hongbin came yelling and trying to protect Hakyeon from the unfamiliar face.

"Wait wait! Stop Hongbin-ah! I know him!" Hakyeon said.

"Huh?"

"Nice to meet you too. You must be the hot-headed Hongbin that Ravi told me about." Hyuk said while chuckling away.

"Wait. You talked with Ravi?" Hakyeon asked.

"Mhmm. We've been in touch for a while since the both of you arrived in the Underworld. He told me he found two mortals wandering around the Forest of Nightmares that came from the direction of the secret base. I was surprised. But more surprisingly, even Jaehwan came with you two as well as him being a God. Ah! But even crazier is the fact that you're a Demigod! Who would've thought..." Hyuk sarcastically shook his head in disbelief.