[Chapter XII] - Welcome to Pinewoods

ACT II

Taekwoon finally set foot into the world of mortals. A world in which he was only allowed to imagine up until now. With Ravi's help, he made the impossible, possible. He looked behind to make sure that he ended up where he was supposed to be. There was a door just like the one back in the Underworld and it seems like they have arrived inside a cave. There were scribbles of pictures and figures that resembled his own but much better drawn.

It must be Hakyeon's drawings.

The two seems to have the same hobbies as in drawing everything that happened between them. Hakyeon drew figures that were like a diary all over the cave in memories of their past such as the first time they met or the first birthdays they had together. Taekwoon let out a small laugh thinking how alike he and Hakyeon were despite their contrasting personalities.

"Let's head out," Taekwoon directed Hyuk to follow.

The light almost blinded the two of them. It was the first time they saw such a radiant scenery. Everything was as if it was drawn straight from a painting. So much life and so much color that Taekwoon finally got to witness for the first time in his life. As he made his way through the woods, he saw what flowers looked like before they withered and animals that were happily playing around rather than gloomy, frightening creatures and sounds that were much more pleasant than cries. Taekwoon was bewildered by how different this place was compared to his own world even though it was just on the other side of the door.

Soon after he exited the woods, he was welcomed by the vivid blue skies and clouds that looked soft enough to touch. What strikes him the most was that as he looked up into the sky, the 'sun' blinded him.

This was the sun.

In the Underworld, only the moon was visible and just bright enough to light up the endless night skies. There were no mornings but in the mortal realm, not only did the moon existed but the sun as well. It was so radiant and bright yet warm at the same time. Taekwoon felt relaxed and absorbed by his surroundings. Before he got too enchanted by the picturesque landscape, Hyuk gave him a nudge to get back on track.

Right. Taekwoon didn't come all the way here just to admire the scenery. He had to look for Hakyeon. According to his memories, Hakyeon mentioned living in a town not too far from the woods. He glanced left and right trying to make sense of the long road but not know which way to head for. He looked at Hyuk for advice.

Although Hyuk doesn't know of Hakyeon's scent, he had great instincts. Much better than his master's and led the way. While Taekwoon continued to follow Hyuk, he couldn't help but continue looking at the landscape to as far as the mountains. As they walked further along the path, Taekwoon could hear sounds of life from afar.

Humans.

* * * * * *

Just as Taekwoon and Hyuk made their way closer to where all the noise came from, he saw a girl looking at the running stream. Taekwoon tried to ignore her and continued on his way but the moment she saw Taekwoon, she stopped him in his path.

"Excuse me? Please help me." She asked.

Taekwoon looked at her and ignored her. He had no time to deal with other's troubles. Just before he could walk off, she grabbed his arm by surprise and Taekwoon slapped her hands away and glared straight at her.