[Chapter XXXI] Companions

"What do you mean I'm not human?" Hakyeon asked.

"Your mother... she's not human. She's a God as well. The Goddess of the Moon. She was born and raised in the Underworld just like Taekwoon. She left her world because she fell in love with your father when they were young." Jaehwan told Hakyeon the truth.

"Wait what?" Hakyeon still confused. Just how much more surprises can he take in a single day?

"I told you I was sent down the mortal realm for my training as well as to study the human world but there was also one other task that the higher orders gave me. They knew that your mother broke the law of the Gods and left the Underworld to marry a mortal. On top of that, gave birth to a child. You. They wanted me to watch over her in case any of the secrets from the Gods were spilled and that I would have to eliminate her," Jaehwan proclaimed.

"What? So if my mom said anything about the Gods..."

"I would have to kill her."

Hakyeon gulped hard, unable to speak another word.

"But she didn't. So you don't have to worry. Except... she became a victim of the consequences of leaving the world of the Gods. Her illness. She became sick because she cast her own godly identity to live in the human world. She knew very well that she would die eventually, but she couldn't leave your father or you alone."

"I see... that's why none of the doctors were able to cure her. No one could tell us what the cause of her illness was," Hakyeon sighed in depression as he thought back at the times when he felt like he couldn't do anything to help his sick mother.

Hongbin patted Hakyeon on the back, trying to make sure the older didn't cry.

"So does that mean Hakyeon has some sort of God's blood or inheritance in him?" Hongbin asked.

Jaehwan nodded.

"Hakyeon-hyung was born from a mortal and a God. This makes him a Demigod."

"Demigod? But I don't feel anything different than just being... human. I don't have any powers or anything that I know of..." Hakyeon said.

"That's what I don't get either. You're the first Demigod that I know of. I've always thought you had a strange atmosphere around you since I first arrived in Pinewoods but none of your powers ever awakened. That's why I'm curious too," Jaehwan said. "Anyways, it doesn't seem like we can make your young master here change his mind about not following us to the Underworld either. So let's just get ready and leave. We need to go to Pinewoods first before anything though."

Hakyeon looked at Hongbin. He knew he was putting Hongbin in danger as well but he also knew that the younger was more stubborn than he was. Hongbin always got what he wanted. He just has to make sure to keep Hongbin safe.

He was still too surprised at learning his own identity. It was as if he could no longer run away from his fate. He's learned too much about himself, his own family, and everyone around him. They were all involved one way or another.

In the world around him.

* * * * * *

With the help of Jaehwan's powers, the three of them made their way back to Pinewoods rather quickly. It usually takes several days or even a week just walking from the Capital to Pinewoods but Jaehwan showed his skills as a God and teleported him from one place to another. It was a rather convenient ability to have.