[Side Story II] Heaven's Descendants

Heaven.

A place of gatherings, light, and power.

A place for hopes and dreams. To once again walk amongst the Earth. It is also a place that is most out of reach from those who live below the skies.

This was a place where the Sun met the sky and where the most powerful and renowned Gods reigned over the clouds.

"Wonshik-ah, do you want to come with me to the King's palace today?"

"Yes, father."

Kim Wonshik, ten years old. A bright yet innocent child whose role model was his father, the God of the Sun. His father was the only one that was assigned the role by the King of the Heavens for the past few centuries even before Wonshik was born. His father was well respected and powerful. To be able to guard Heaven's heirloom was the most respected position anyone could wish for.

The King or Ruler of the Heavens, not only rules the many Gods that lived in Heaven, but also commanded the fate of those that lived in the vast lands below. He is also known as the most feared and powerful God in the universe. One who had fought many battles against other powerful Gods and won each of those battles to become who he is today. The title was given to him when he fought against his two younger brothers, the God of the Sea and the God of the Underworld, in order to obtain such a position.

"Welcome. It's good to see you again." The King greeted Wonshik and his father. 'Come this way, I have something to discuss with you.'

Wonshik was a bit intimidated by finally meeting the King at first because of all the stories he's heard from people around him. But the King that appeared before him was kind and gentle. His father and the King was happily discussing Heaven's matters that Wonshik had no understanding of.

The King led the two into a large open room filled with beautiful artwork and extravagant architecture. The ceiling was painted with the stories of the Heavens with angels floating above the clouds. Each column was also lined with golden threads that twirled around it and the marble floors reflected the warm light that was shone by the sun.

It seems that the King had invited Wonshik's father to discuss some important matters and Wonshik ended up sitting nearby, bored with nothing to do. He didn't know anything about what they were talking about and was beginning to feel rather sleepy from not doing anything. Just as his eyes were about to close, a little whistle caught his attention. It came from another boy, who was peeking into the room and looking at Wonshik. Waving at him and gesturing to him to follow. Wonshik was hesitant whether or not to leave the room and looked back and forth to decide. But he was bored and was curious who the boy was. The boy took Wonshik's arms and led him somewhere in the palace.

"My name is Jaehwan." The boy introduced himself as he continued to lead Wonshik somewhere.

"I'm Kim Wonshik."

"I know. How old are you?" Jaehwan asked.

"Ten."

"Oh? Then I'm the older one here. I'm eleven." He grinned.

The boy had beautiful soft golden hair and was about the same height as Wonshik. The boy also had a rather strong side profile with a tall nose.

"Where are you taking me?" Wonshik was curious.

"Somewhere awesome! I know you'll like it. Just come."

Wonshik didn't know where Jaehwan was about to take him except he felt a bit of excitement and expectation as to where Jaehwan was about to lead him. For some reason, he felt that Jaehwan could be trusted and continued to follow. Soon, Jaehwan brought them into a room filled with books, that towered amongst the boys. Wonshik's eyes widened and the miraculous sight before him and his body began to tremble with excitement, waiting to take one of the books in his hands so he can start reading.