[Chapter XXIV] - Unreadable

"How long did I pass out for?" Taekwoon asked Ravi. It was the first thing he said the moment he woke up. He lost consciousness in the past so many times that he knew very well how it felt like.

"Two days."

Taekwoon was concerned. He knew that during these two days where he has lost his consciousness meant that he was already two days late from the promised time to go back to the human world. He wanted to rush back to the other side as soon as he got up but his body did not allow him to do so. The excessive use of his powers have been drained completely dry from his body and now, he had to spend more time to retain them again. As much as he wanted to go back to the human world, it was impossible unless he restored enough of his powers to make it across the portal.

Restoring his powers took another few days.

"You need to come back here the moment you feel something doesn't feel right okay? Although you've restored most of your powers by now, the effects of being in the human world are too much on your body and mind. It seems like your body itself isn't used to being on the other side. If you're late even a bit coming back here, your life will be at risk. Got it?" Ravi told Taekwoon as he got another portal ready for Taekwoon again.

Taekwoon nodded and stepped immediately inside.

* * * * * *

Taekwoon has been late to return to the human world as he had originally promised Hakyeon. Exactly a whole week late...

He was worried about his lover because he knew of how insecure Hakyeon could be sometimes. As soon as he arrived back to the human world, he rushed back to the town of Pinewoods. Taekwoon was still very tired but he was more worried about Hakyeon then he did for himself.

"Is Hakyeon here?" Taekwoon asked Hakyeon's mother the moment he arrived at their home.

"You're back. Did you get your powers back? How's your body feeling?" She replied. She was worried for Taekwoon.

"Yes, but I may need to make trips back to the Underworld if I feel like any of the symptoms are coming back. Ravi said that it may be because I'm from the royalty that the effects affected me faster than others."

"I see. That could be the case indeed. Hakyeon is upstairs resting I think. He's quite upset because you're late getting back but don't let it get to you, you know how that child can be. You were busy recovering in order to stay here, he should be understanding at least that much. If he doesn't, I'll talk to you for him. Anyways, go upstairs and tell him that you're back."

"Thank you, ma'am. I will." Taekwoon bowed and headed towards Hakyeon's bedroom.

Taekwoon knocked on Hakyeon's door but there was no answer. Did he fall asleep? Taekwoon slowly opened the door to peek inside, making sure he didn't wake Hakyeon up if the other really was asleep. But there was no one on the bed.

"Hakyeon-ah?" Taekwoon called out.

No answer.

Taekwoon went inside and saw that Hakyeon was curled up in the corner behind his bed, heads tucked in between his knees.

"Hakyeon-ah!" Taekwoon ran up to his lover to make sure he was okay. "Is something wrong? Are you okay?"

Hakyeon slowly looked up to see who was calling his name. Unlike the usual Hakyeon, who would instantly bounce up at the sight of seeing Taekwoon again, this Hakyeon did not say a word. He looked up blankly at Taekwoon and slowly opened his arms to hold his lover. A weak grasp. He didn't have any strength to give Taekwoon a tight hug as he usually does. Taekwoon became worried about seeing Hakyeon in such a state.