[Chapter XIV] - Coincidences?

After seeing Hakyeon walk off safely into the distance, Taekwoon opened the door and walked inside the inn. The man at the counter jolted as the chimes from the door went off. He stood up to make sure he was presentable to the new customer that just walked in.

"Welcome to Starlight Inn. How may I help you, sir?"

"I'd like for a single room to stay in during my visit. Someone by the name of Lee Jaehwan introduced me to come here if I needed a place to stay."

"Ah, you must be the traveler that Jaehwan was talking about earlier. Welcome. I'm his older brother, Jaeho. He said you might be dropping by so we had a room already reserved for you. Follow me please."

How was Jaehwan so sure that Taekwoon was going to stay at the inn? They've only met not too long ago.

"Anyways, Jaehwan isn't home right now so just make yourself comfortable instead. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask me. Enjoy your stay."

Taekwoon finally got a chance to plop onto a soft bed and relax. It had been such a long day today. So many things happened yet it still feels so unreal. But it's all real. It wasn't a dream like Taekwoon had feared. He was relieved at the thought and placed his hand across his chest thinking that his heart would calm down. But just thinking back at his meeting with Hakyeon only made it worst.

"He was really cute, wasn't he? Just how I imagined him to be." Taekwoon asking Hyuk.

Hyuk didn't bother to reply to his love-struck master and jumped onto the sofa to rest.

"He's really real." Taekwoon chuckled a bit as he continued to talk to himself. "I'm glad he's forgiven me though. I don't know what I would do if he was still mad. To think, I finally got to meet him, talk to him face-to-face, and even ... feel his touch."

Taekwoon covered up his face that was burning from recalling those memories with Hakyeon and much more in love with him than before.

* * * * * *

The morning came and Taekwoon was awakened by the unfamiliar sounds that came from the window. The sounds of birds chirping cheerfully outside. The light from the rising sun pierced through the curtains and lit up the entire room. It took Taekwoon a few minutes to grasp back into the reality that he is currently in the human world. He sat up and stretched his body from a good night's sleep. Hyuk woke up just right after.

"Good morning," Taekwoon said. He has been craving to say it for a very long time. Mornings didn't really exist in the Underworld and although they still say the usual greetings, it felt like night all the time. The sky was always dark no matter what hour of the day they were in.

As Taekwoon was getting ready and dressed up, someone knocked on the door.

"It's Jaehwan. Are you awake yet?"

"Come in."

"Morning! Sorry if I woke you up. How's the sleep?"

"It's good. Thank you."

"By the way, I didn't ask for your name yet."

"It's Taekwoon. Thank you for letting me stay here."

"Haha, it's not a problem. I had a feeling you would come to find me and I was right. Plus, you're a friend of Hakyeonie's so you're a friend of mine as well!" Jaehwan let out a bright and welcoming smile.

"I see." Taekwoon felt Jaehwan was being sincere and humble. Energetic as well just like Hakyeon.

Jaehwan invited Taekwoon downstairs for breakfast along with his two older brothers.