[ Chapter XXXVI ]Keres

It's been more than a week since Hakyeon fell unconscious after absorbing all of Jaehwan's powers. When he woke up, the memories of being warped by lightning frightened him a bit. Even when the sky fell dark and a storm started to brew, Hakyeon hid from the sight of the sky flashing above him. He was quite traumatized by what happened at first but when he realized what had happened to Jaehwan after the transfer, he felt apologetic and decided that he had no time to be scared any longer.

He has finally awakened his powers as a Demigod. Not only that, he was able to summon Jaehwan's power from the Heavens and bring out lightning from his very own body. He was no longer powerless and all that was left to do was being able to control those powers. Each and every one of them.

However, Jaehwan was not so fortunate. He had lost his powers as a mighty God. The powers in which he had inherited from his long lineage of powerful Gods from the Heaven. Now, he was nothing more than a human or what seems to be a human. He was now more vulnerable than ever, and for the first time in his life, he had fallen ill. His fever wouldn't go away and his face was paler than ever.

Hakyeon has never seen Jaehwan in such a state even though they've known one another for so long. Jaehwan had always been so energetic and positive as if he was invincible. But seeing the state that his friend was in right now, because of him, he felt sorry once again.

Ravi decided that it was best that he had attended to Jaehwan's aid now that the latter's health could be in danger at any moment until they've found a cure. The Underworld had no pharmacies or medicine to cure fevers or humanly diseases, so Ravi ended up day and night in his laboratory, trying to find a cure for Jaehwan. Both Hakyeon and Hongbin agreed that it was the best decision they could make and Hongbin was confident in his ability to handle his studies alone.

"You guys seriously worry too much. I can handle myself," Jaehwan tried to persuade them. "Just go and let me rest, I'm sleepy."

Jaehwan has been constantly telling the other three that he was fine and that they didn't need to worry about him. But anyone could see that he wasn't fine at all. Even his smiles were weak and he had no energy to joke either.

Ravi sighed.

"We'll check up on him again later. How's the training for you both?" He asked.

"I've gone through all the notes and references you had told me to read. There's nothing left except to practice them now. But don't worry, it won't take long," Hongbin was confident.

Hongbin had always been a fast learner.

Hakyeon, on the other hand, was still trying to get used to both of his newly acquired abilities. One that was passed on by Jaehwan and the other was being descendent of the Goddess of the Moon. In his blood, half of the Underworld existed. That half had a dark power that was waiting to bring chaos around him but thanks to his mother's gift, those powers were suppressed as much as possible.

As long as Hakyeon could control his dark powers, he would not be consumed by the evil and thanks to Jaehwan's powers that were from the Heavens, along with the Moon, his training was going better than expected.

Training alone was hard since there was no one to guide him but he knew very well that everyone was already too occupied with their own business. He didn't want to keep relying on others for everything and knew that it was time that he tried to solve the problems he had for himself. He's never felt so determined to doing anything until now, he was determined to master his powers and seek out Taekwoon. He wanted to be on par with Taekwoon, in order for his words to be heard.