Chapter 2

Leonard walked down the street to meet his sister waiting for him in her car.

He knocked on the window with his elbow, since his hands were preoccupied by their drinks.

Lisa closed her makeup mirror, reached over seat to open the door, and waited for her brother to sit and close the door.

He handed her her frappe.

"Extra caramel?" Lisa said taking in her drink.

"Shit." Leonard cursed under his breath.

"Lenny," She whined. "I also said no whip."

"Sorry, Lise." He set his drink down.

"You're lucky I'm late or else I would've made you get me another one."

"I forgot." He sighed and started rubbing his hands up and down his thighs.

Lisa turned the key in the ignition to start the car.

"The Captain Cold forget something? I can't believe it."

She pulled away from the curb and started driving.

"You and Mick are never going to let me live down that nickname, are you?"

"Nope."She popped the p. "what got you so distracted that you messed up my coffee?"

"Don't know what you're talking about."

Lisa makes a right turn approaching Leonards apartment.

"Whatever. I got to get to class. Bye Lenny."

She pecked her brother on the cheek.

"See you later, Lisa." As he opened the door, takes his coffee, and enters his building.

***********

Sara's first class of the day started at 9.

Sara took a seat next to a brunette with curls in her hair.

Sarah set her backpack down on top of the desk and is about to sit in her chair when the bag topples over into the brunettes space.

Most of the items in Sara's bag fell out.

The brunette quickly got up and started to help her.

"I am so sorry!" Sara exclaimed.

"It's fine," the brunette said handing Sara her taser. "Lethal much?"

"Yeah... I have an overprotective cop for a dad." Sara pretended not to see the brunette cringe towards the ending of the sentence.

"I know what you mean." She handed Sara the last notebook. "My brother's the same way. Except for the cop part."

Sara placed her bag on the ground and sat.

"I'm Sara by the way." Sara stuck out her hand.

"Lisa" She said as she took Sara's hand.

"Is this your first day?" Sara said scooting her chair in. "Don't think I've seen you in here before."

"First day in this class? Yes. But not my first day attending."

"I see. The teacher's always late to this class so we always have some extra time to chat."

Lisa sniffed. "Let me guess, you work at a cafe?"