Chapter 11

Same day, Leonard's apartment, 1pm

Leonard and Sara have been curled up together on his sofa all day, while watching new released movies on Sara's Netflix account--Which she connected to his TV.

They were watching Hush and the deaf women was writing something down on her glass door for the killer to read, when Sara's phone started ringing, again.

They both made a bet at the start of their marathon, it was 'Who can go longer without touching their phone?'

This was the 4th time Sara's phone has rang, disregarding the 16 times her message notifications had rung, and she hasn't looked who called or texted all day.

Leonard's phone had notified him three times so far that someone or someones had sent messages to him. Them all being from Lisa, he already knows.

Sara made the mistake by looking at the caller ID this time. Reading "Mom". Sara's eye went wide and she turned to Leonard for mercy.

"Nope," Leonard paused the movie. "You answer it. You lose."

"It's my mom!" Sara exclaimed.

"Ooh, than you better answer it." He gave a glum smile.

"No," She crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm not losing."

"Suit yourself," He draped his arm arm over her shoulders. "God knows what my mother would do if I ignored her call."

Sara knew he was tempting her.

She's not going to answer it.

She's not.

Even if it is the woman who brought her into this world.

Leonard played the movie when they phone stopped ringing.

A couple of seconds later it started ringing again and Sara rushed to answer it.

Leonard grinned at her in triumph.

"Hello, mom?..... Yes, I'm alright......" Sara made a face at Leonard. "No, mom I'm fine. Sorry.."

Leonard could hear distinct yelling coming from Sara's phone.

"Yes I should've told you I was with a friend," Sara mumbled into her phone.

"Oooh, someone's in for it." Leonard teased.

"Shut up," Sara tried to whisper.

Leonard heard even louder yelling.

"No! Not you mom!" Sara shouted again. "Okay, I'm on my way."

Sara ended the call and sighed.

"She sounds lovely," Leonard smirked.

Sara glared at him and grabbed her hoody.

"By the way, 'with a friend'? I'm hurt," Leonard followed her to the door.

"I may be 20 but she would still kill me if she found out if I stayed here with you," Sara put on her sweater. "My parents still think I'm a virgin."

"Ooh, undercover bad girl who's daddy is cop?" Leonard stepped in front of her. "Never would've guessed it." He said sarcastically.

Sara rolled her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck to capture his lips.

When they were seperated, their foreheads were still touching.

"See you later?" Leonard whispered.

"If I survive my mother's wrath?" Sara joked. "Hopefully."

They kissed once more and released each other.