Chapter 3

It was 4 that evening when Lisa arrived at Leonard's apartment.

He was eating a hamburger from Belly Burger at his dining table.

"Lenny!" Lisa shouted walking into through the front door without warning him she'd be coming over.

"I regret giving you a key." He said not looking away from his food.

"Its not like you ever do anything worth barging in on." She said plopping on the chair across from him.

"What if I was naked?" He stuck a fry into his mouth.

"Oh please! You're too private to do anything like that, even in your own home." She stole a fry from him.

He gave an exasperated sigh and was finishing up the last of his burger.

"How was school?" He balled up his trash and sat back in his chair.

"Good." She said trying to hiding her smirk.

"What?" He burrowed his eyebrows.

"We have plans tonight." She leaned back in her chair the same time he leaned forward.

"No." He pursed his lips.

"Oh come on, Lenny! When was the last time you went out?"

He rose his eyebrows at her.

"And actually had some fun?" She said knowing he would have followed up with a snark remark.

"I'll consider it." He got up and threw his trash away.

'Pa-ding!' Came from Lisa's phone

"Ooo," She read the message quietly. "We're thinking about grabbing something to eat before the movie. You and your friends want to come?"

"No." Leonard said annoyed.

Lisa glared at her brother and called Sara.

"Sara?" Lisa said after a few rings.

Leonard tilted his head towards his sister, instantly remember the blonde from Jitters.

"Yeah, its me, Lisa. We'd love to. An hour? Okay see you guys there!" Lisa ended the call.

"I already ate." Leonard said picking up a book from his coffee table and sat on the couch.

Lisa got up and sat next to to him.

"What's Mick doing tonight?" She asked checking out her nails.

"His firemen training class should be ending around 6 today." He said not looking away from the words on his book.

"Good. He can meet us at the movies than."

"I never agreed to go." He looked at his sister.

"Too bad, because you're going."

He let out a long sigh and returned his attention back to his book.

Lisa was studying her brother.

"Something else?"

"You know, Lenny..I still Dont know why you didn't end up being an engineer anyways."

"Things change, baby sister."

"Things change? Really? You're going with that?"

"What do you want me to say?" He looked up from his book and at his sister. "That I Dont feel safe not being available for you at all times because of dad breaking out?"

"No. I want you to say that you'll finish what you started. You already went to school for it! You just gotta work your way up now."

"No thanks." He said reopening his book again.

"You always use to talk about the structure of things and how they work and when you did, you had this look of amazement in your eyes. And Dont say you didn't because you know Me and Mick always saw that in you."

"Maybe in another life." He said under his breath.

She pursed her lips and got up from the couch. Snatching his book closed in the process.

"You lost my page."

"Get ready: Take a shower. Shave. Do whatever you need to do. I'll be back in about 45 minutes to pick you up."

He got up, walked Lisa to the front door, and opened it for her.

"When did you start being the one giving orders?"

She rolled her eyes. "See you in a bit."

Lisa walked out of the apartment and down the stairs.

He shut the door and threw himself on his couch.

It can't be the same Sara, he thought to himself, can it? No, it can't be. He's not that lucky. He knows that.

He sighed and looked at his watch. About ten minutes had already passed by.

He lurched his arms forward to get up and heads towards the shower.

Good or bad comments are appreciated.