Chapter 23

"Len, I know you've been busy but please call me back." Sara said leaving a voicemail. "I need to know if you're okay. I miss you."

Sara hung up her phone and leaned against her kitchen counter.

"Everything alright?" Dinah asked her daughter.

"Len isn't returning any of my calls," Sara rubbed her temples. "He's in Coast City, but he should be coming back today."

"Maybe he just needs some space?" Dinah sat on a stool. "After all he did just lose someone very dear to him,"

"Yeah," Sara sat up straight. "I have to meet detective West about some files that my dad was looking into for me."

"What about?"

"Len's mom,"

"Hmmm, I see."

"I'll see you later, mom." Sara gave her mom a peck on the cheek and headed out.

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤

Leonard stared at his phone while he waiting for it to stop ringing.

When it did he sighed and sat back in the chair he was waiting in so he can board his plane.

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤

Sara knocked on the West's house front door.

"Sara!" Barry said opening the door. "I didn't know you were coming by."

"Joe has somethings for me that I needed for an assignment." Sara lied.

"Okay," Barry furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't see wh-"

"Barry," Joe stepped into view. "Just let the poor girl in."

"Oh!" Barry opened the door more for Sara. "Right! I'm sorry."

"Thanks," Sara smiled and set her things down in the living room.

"Barry, why don't you go get us some water?" Joe said.

"Okay," Barry said still a bit suspicious of the conversation. "I'll be right back."

Joe sighed. "Hey, Sara." Joe hugged her. "How's your mom?"

"She's good," Sara said releasing from the hug.

"Okay," Joe looked to make sure Barry wasn't coming back and grabbed a folder from a nearby dresser. "Here's everything your father sent over."

"Thank you so much, Joe." Sara accepted the folder.

"Um, do you mind me asking why you're looking into that?" Joe said pointing at the folder. "That's Lewis Snart's ex wife and the mother of his children."

"Yeah," Sara sighed. "I know."

"Well, I'm not going to push on if you don't want to," Joe said. "Just be careful."

"I will." Sara looked around. "Gee, Barry is taking an awful lot of time for some water."

"Iris is in the kitchen doing some last minute homework," Joe waved his hand off towards the kitchen. "That boy is going to be a while."

Sara chuckled. "Okay, well thank you again, Detective West."

"Anytime." Joe said and walked Sara out.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Sara checked the time.

5:06 pm

Leonard should've got home two hours ago.

Sara drove to Leonard's house and knocked on the door once she got to it, folder in hand.

Leonard opened the door and sighed. "I'm sorr-"

He got cut off by a pair of hot lips connecting with his, causing them to step back into the apartment, hitting the back of the couch, and Sara kicking the door closed.

Leonard moaned into the kiss and placed his hands on both her hips.

"I should go MIA more often," He teased.

Sara punched his arm once she parted away. "You scared me,"

"I know I know," Leonard met her eyes. "I'm sorry, I just was so caught up over there." Leonard explained. "With my grandpa's will and where he wanted me to place his ashes."

"It's fine," Sara said wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'm just glad you're here."

Leonard gave a soft smile. "What's that?" He nodded his head to the right but his eyes never left hers.

Sara looked over to the folder that she put down before she had continued to tackle Leonard.

"My dad got some information about your mom," Sara looked back at him. "I didn't look yet."

Leonard nodded and moved away to pick up the folder and sat on the couch. Sara sat down next to him.

Leonard stared blatantly at the folder in his hands.

"Len," Sara grabbed ahold of his left hand. "It's okay. We don't have to know."

"No," Len looked up at her. "I want to know."

"Okay," Sara sighed and kissed Leonard.

Leonard returned his attention back to the folder and absorbed every inch of knowledge he didn't already know.

Cliff hanger? Sure.