Chapter 17

"Sara!" Laurel greeted her sister, once she stepped out of the car.

"Hey!" Sara hugged her.

Laurel helped her sister and retrieved two suitcases from the trunk.

"I'm so happy you could make it," Laurel said, walking inside the house with Sara. "I wasn't sure if you wanted to spend Thanksgiving with us or your new boytoy."

"He is not my boytoy," Sara said, offended.

"I know, I know." Laurel took back. "Guess I'm just a little upet I'm the only one in the family who hasn't met him yet."

"You will," Sara assured her. "Eventually."

"I'm going to put these in your room," Laurel gestured to the bags.

"It's fine I can-"

"Sara," Laurel arched an eyebrow at her sister.

"Fine," Sara said, defeated.

Laurel gave a small smile and walked down the hall.

Sara sighed and headed pass the living room to the kitchen for a water bottle.

After, she headed down the hall but paused and walked backwards towards the living room.

"Ollie?" She asked, seeing Oliver sitting on the couch on his phone.

"Sara," He stood. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Yeah...me too," Sara said confused. "What're are you doing here?"

"Laurel invited me," Oliver said, stepping closer.

"Laurel?" Sara scoffed.

"Yeah," Oliver said. "Look, I apologized to both of you, I broke up with Nyssa, an-"

"Wait, wait." Sara interrupted. "You broke up with Nyssa? Why?"

"Because I didn't like her in that way," He made a 'duh' face.

"Sara!" Laurel called from down the hall. "Dad's gonna be here any minute..." Her voice trailed off as she reached the living room.

"Laurel," Sara turned towards her sister. "Why?"

"Sara," Laurel said softly.

"Why?" Sara repeated.

"Because," Laurel insisted. "His sister is spending the week at a friends and his parents are leaving town for a special vacation."

"That still doesn't explain why you let this asshole back into your life!" Sara shouted.

"This asshole has said sorry so many times already,"

"Um, guys, standing right here." Oliver pointed towards the ground he was standing on.

"But how far does sorry actually go, Laurel?" Sara pointed out.

"Pretty far," Laurel said back.

"God," Sara said under her breath. "I thought that you had finally seen the way he actually is but, obviously, you haven't."

Oliver said stepping between the two. "Okay, let's not fight,"

They both pushed him back. "We're not fighting!" They shouted in unison.

"Aye!" Quentin shouted from the door. "I can hear you guys all the way from outside."

Sara and Laurel both glared at each other before turning towards their father.

"Sorry," Laurel mumbled.

"Hi daddy," Sara said, hugging her father.

"Hi baby," Quentin released her. "Why're you guys fighting?"