Chapter 21

1986, Snart's Residence.

"Lisa!" Leonard shouted from the living room. "You gotta pick up your toys!"

"I'm pooping!" Lisa tried to shout as loud as she can, but her small voice only allowing her to get some bit of range.

"I'll make dinner!" Leonard said stepping into the kitchen. "I want to see all your toys away in your room when it's done!"

"Okay!"

Leonard could hear the toilet flushing.

Leonard exhaled and opened the fridge to see what be can come up with for dinner.

His father may not come home till the middle of the night but if he sees that there is no leftovers left, Leonard would pay the price.

He's got about half an onion chopped up when he hears the front door open.

He glances quickly at the clock.

4:33 P.M.

His father is hardly ever home this early on a friday.

Leonard swallows hard and prays for his father to just go to his room.

He continues to cut the onions.

He flinches when he hears a loud crash and a bottle breaking.

Leonard quickly goes to the hallway connecting the living room to the front door.

He sees what made the loud noise. Lewis tripped over Lisa's pink barbie cruiser, with the puddle of beer from the broken bottle next to him.

"Damn, kid." Lewis grumbled while getting up. "Lisa!"

Leonard sees Lisa creeping down the stairs slowly.

"It was my fault," Leonard stepped in. "I let her play down here."

"Move," Leonard could see Lewis gripping the broken beer bottle in his hand.

"No," Leonard stood still.

"What'd you say to me?" Lewis glared at his son.

"I said "No"" Leonard clenched his jaw.

"You know, ever since you came back from Juvie you been acting like you're some sort of badass," Lewis stepped closer.

"I wouldn't even have gone to Juvie if my father wasn't such a dumbass and listened to me, instead of letting me take the fall." Leonard spit back. He knew it was a dumb move, but as long as it took his father's mind off of Lisa.

Lewis smacked Leonard on the side of his face, causing his head to throb in pain.

Leonard was too busy grabbing at the side of his head to see his father pull the broken bottle into his side.

Leonard inhaled as much breath as he can when he felt the jagged edges seep into his skin.

"At least any dumbass would've seen that coming," Lewis said in a low voice and dropped the broken bottle to the floor and walked out.

Leonard grabbed at his now bloody left side of his on his ribcage.

"Lenny," Lisa cried and tried to help her brother.

"I'm fine," Leonard said slowly. "Call Mick, you remember his number right?"

"Mhmm" Lisa nodded and ran off.

Leonard slowly sat down, using the wall as leverage and took off his shirt to use all of it to soak up the blood.

Lisa came running back in. "He's coming as fast as he can,"