Chapter 9

Leonard shut off the water to his shower and stepped out.

He put on his regularly black colored jeans and exited the bathroom.

He walked pass the living room, not giving it a once over, and went straight to his kitchen.

It wasn't until Leonard had opened his cabinet that he realized he was pretty sure he saw someone(s) sitting on his couch.

Leonard scrunched his eyebrows and immediately grabbed his handgun from where it was hidden (the cookie jar), and headed back towards the room.

He slowly peeked his head around the corner, and saw Lisa and Sara both laying across each other on the couch playing cards.

He sighed in relief and put the gun away in the shelf nearby, making sure neither of the girls saw him.

"You know, your weird." Sara said jot looking up from her hand.

"Excuse me?" Leonard said confused because he wasn't the one currently in someone else's house, uninvited, and on their couch making himself at home.

"You don't sing when your in the shower," Sara put a card down. "Everybody does, especially when they're alone. You don't."

"We'll I wasn't exactly alone, now was I?"

"You thought you were." Sara finally looked at him.

First, she noticed the muscles, her pupils dialated and she let her eyes wonder.

Second, she noticed his tattoos, noticing that all of them meant something very special to him and not just random spatters of ink on his body to 'make him look cool'.

Lastly, she noticed the scars. Her breath caught. Len was covered in them. Some jagged, some small--hardly visbile--but they were still there, some expanded through out his chest. They weren't that noticable, unless you were really looking--like Sara. But the one scar that did catch Sara's attention was the one hidden under the snowflakes under his left ribcage. It was long, very thick, and very very jagged.

Sara hadn't realized she was asked a question till Lisa kicked her foot.

"Hu?" Sara said looking back and forth between the siblings.

"What're you guys doing here?" Leonard asked again.

"I came to apologize," Lisa got up and set her cards down. "And Sara's here because she's the emotional support."

Sara smiled.

"Lis, you don't need to apologize. I'm the one wh-"

"Just shut up, Lenny. Please." Lisa hushed him.

Leonard made a hand motion for Lisa to sit down on the couch.

Lisa complied, she sat in the middle, and he sat next to her.

"I know I'm pushy, I get on your nerves alot, and I try to pry things out of you when you don't want to," Lisa admitted. "And I'm sorry for always bringing that on you. I probably did deserve to be yelled."

Leonard quickly shook his head, remembering when he was young and whenever his dad had given him a lesson, Leonard had always thought that he deserved them because it was his fault.

"Yes, your pushy, you get on my nerves alot." Leonard held his sister's hand. "Like alot. More like, Every. Single. Day. Or hour. Or min-"

"Okay! I get it!"

Leonard chuckled. "But that's why I love you. Your you. That's who you are. Your my trainwreck." Lisa laughed. "And your my sister."

Lisa hugged her brother tightly.