Chapter 8

Leonard walked into the warehouse, where his small group of 'friends' were waiting for him.

"Finally," said Mardon approaching the main table in the middle of the room. "He's arrived."

"Cool it," Leonard approached his crew.

"What took you so damn long?" Hartley spoke up.

Leonard shot him a glare that could pratically send daggers.

"Or don't tell us, it's all good. We're all good." Hartley said backing up with his hands up in a surrender motion.

Leonard let out a sigh. "Alright, any news about Arnold's Mini-Market on the corner of 5th and Main?"

"They got a new camera system yesterday at around 2:15 p.m." Rosa said looking up from her notebook on her lap.

"Company?"

"Cam's Cameras," Rosa muttered. "Stupid name."

"What about the liquor store on Kennedy Avenue?"

"No Cameras or alarms, once so ever." Mardon said propping his legs up on the table and crossing them over one another.

"Tell me something I don't already know," Leonard snarled while walking into and pass Mardon's legs--knocking them off.

"Their lock is standard issue," Hartley said. "Could get pass it in less than 2 mintues, talk about sucky securence."

"Okay, sounds good." Leonard layed his palms flat on the table, thinking.

The room was completely silent as they let Leonard worked out the timing and the right date to make their move all in his head.

"Oh, come on!" Scudder shouted. "Is this seriously the best we can do? Markets? We could take over this whole city if we wanted too."

Leonard thought over Sam's words and tucked them away for better use later, but for now just played it off as if he didn't care.

"Monday, at 2:10 a.m., is the best time to hit up the one on Kennedy Avenue," Leonard looked around at his crew. "Police usually do their patrolling from the 85th street to Central from 12 to 1:45 a.m., letting us give them extra time just in case one of them decided they wanted to play hero for the night."

Mardon and Hartley both gave approving nods while Rosa wrote down the information and Scudder rolled his eyes because his idea was ignored.

"And Arnold's," Leonard let out a sigh. "Should be a piece of cake."

He smirked.

"All we gotta do is cut the power. Cam's Cameras is, without a doubt, one of the most rip off security system ever. Instead of having the back up, that they should have if the power does go out, they just say they do." Leonard crossed his arms over his chest. "We'll hit Arnold's on Wednesday at 11 p.m. They restock every 2nd and 4th Tuesday each month. Giving us more resources."

The room was silent besides the scraping of Rosa's pencil against paper.

"We'll meet here at 1:50 a.m. on Monday and at 10:30 p.m. on Wednesday?" Rosa asked to confirm.

"Yep," Leonard smirked at her.

"Is your ol' pal gonna come with us to this one?" Mardon said biting on his nails.

"No," Leonard frowned. "Mick's done with this, he's moving on."

"Does that mean your gonna bail too, Snart?" Scudder snapped.

Leonard glared at Sam.

"Meetings over," Leonard said not taking his eyes off of Scudder.

Mardon, Hartley, Rosa quickly gathered themselves up and headed out.