Chapter 19

"Smells good," Sara said as she sat in the chair Len pulled out for her.

"It was all Lisa's doing," Len walked to the fridge. "Beer or whine?"

"Water,"

Leonard rose an eyebrow at her.

"I have to drive later,"

"Or you could just spend the night, again." Len said under his breath, just enough for Sara to hear, as he opened the fridge to get the drinks.

Leonard retrieved a water bottle and a beer from the fridge and turned around to be looking down at a small blonde that somehow made her way into his space without him noticing. Sneaky, she's just finding new ways everyday for him to fall in love with her.

"Maybe I will than," She plucked the beer from his hand and returned to the table.

Len could've swarn she added an extra sway to her hips as she walked back.

He smirked and turned back to the fridge for another beer.

"I thought you said you were going to cook?" Sara said as Len sat across from her.

"I was," Len served Sara. "Change of plans."

"Thanks," Sara said as she started to dig into her food.

It was quiet for a while, except for the sound of their chewing and and the occasional sound of them swallowing their beers.

"Lisa cooks really good," Sara said with a mouthful.

Leonard gave a low chuckle. "She is, I know I'm the one who taught her but somehow she still manages to be better at it than me."

"How'd you learn to cook?"

"Before my mom left, we had spent a lot of time together," Len swallowed. "And she taught me a few things."

Sara nodded. "How old were you when you're mom left?"

"9, Lisa was 7 months old."

"Are you still angry with her?"

"Some days, no. I don't blame her for wanting to leave my asshole of a father." Leonard took a swig out of his beer. "But, other days, of course. I just think 'why didn't she take us with her?'"

"Have you ever tried to find her?"

"Yeah, but I don't get very far because of records that I'm not allowed access too," Len said as they continued eating.

"Maybe I can," Sara suggests.

Leonard finishes his food and sets his plate aside and sits back in his chair.

"What do you mean?"

"My dad has a pretty high ranking and my sister's a DA, so I'm pretty sure with their positions we can find your mom," Sara says as she finishes off the last of her beer.

"I don't know if I'd feel comfortable asking your family for that kind of help. Another?" Leonard pointed to the empty bottle.

"I got it," Sara got up and headed to his fridge.

Leonard sighed. "Or am I interest in finding out that she left us and is now living in some three story house with a rich military husband."

"The truth is always better to know," Sara said as she came up next to Len and sat on the edge of the table.

"Is it?" Leonard looked up at her.

"I think so," Sara shrug her shoulders.

"I'm interested in find out how you're going to ask for your sisters help, while you're mad at her," Leonard said smugly.

"That's plan B," Sara held the bottle towards him, offering him some.

"hmmm," He hummed as he accepted her offer.

Sara and Len both picked up the table and kitchen, Len washing the dishes and Sara drying. Both working as if they were one machine.

"I got the rest," Len smiled at Sara. "You can go cool down in the living room if you want,"

Sara smiled. "Okay," And went to the living room.

Len quickly finished up the remaining dishes and joined the couch with Sara, holding two beers.

"Where do you wanna start?" Sara said accepting the beer from him.

"Straight to the point, hu?" Len smirked as he sat next to her.

"You know that's not what I meant," Sara laughed as she took a drink. "I meant with finding your mom,"

"Fine," Len sighed. "If you insist. I know she use to work at this old Fritos factory, I was able to trace where her last check was cashed, which was coast city and than from their was able to trace when she last used her card, which was in National City at a pharmacy," Len took a swig from his beer. "I was able to find out what she bought, pain killers and some other easy household items people think less of, and than a parking ticket also in National City, but that was a little over 23 years ago, and it was about 10 years ago when I found this out"

"Think she's still living there?"

Len shrugged. "I don't know, I went and spent some time over there. To see if I can find some other things out, but the trail always runs cold after that."

"Think you can find me the dates and times, so I can hand them over to my dad?" Sara said leaning towards his space.

"Shouldn't be a problem," Len took another swig.

"One more thing,"

"Hmm?" Leonard rose his eyebrows.

"Your mom's name?"

Len took a long sigh. "Shirley Snart or Miller, if she didn't want to use my father's last name after she left." Len looked down at his hands holding his bottle in his lap. "I wouldn't blame her."

"I'll talk to my dad," Sara grasped his hand. "For you."

Leonard looked up and smiled at her. "I still don't understand how I got so lucky,"

"Don't," Sara wrapped her arms around his neck and settled into his lap. "Just live in the moment."

Leonard set his beer aside and placed his hands on her hips.

"You got work tomorrow?" He said as he stared at her lips.

"Nope,"

"School?" He said as he leaned in and captured her lips in between his.

"No," She said into the kiss.

"Great," He drawled as Sara giggled as he picked her up.

They continued to kiss on their way to the bedroom.

Hope you guys like it. ☺