Chapter 6

It was Friday night and Sara is currently lying awake, facing the ceiling to her room, and not finding the urge the to fall into a slumber.

She couldn't get him out of his mind. She couldn't help but count down the days, hours, and minutes it will take to get to their lunch date.

2 days.

1 day.

20 hours.

15 hours.

She turns to her side and faces the clock that sits on her bed side table.

1:08 a.m.

11 hours and 22 minutes.

This, by Sara's perspective, has been the longest two days she has ever experienced.

She's gone on lots dates before. It's not like she's new to this.

Sara let's out one more deep sigh, rubs her face into her pillow for comfort, and slowly drifts away into a sleeping despair.

❄❄❄❄❄

Sara wakes to the sound of her mother's laughter.

At first, she finds it quite relaxing and smiles while her eyes are still closed and she's still in bed.

But than she realizes that there are two voices coming from the kitchen and before she can register and try to assign the voice to someone she already knows, she jumps out of bed and darts towards the kitchen.

When she halts in the doorway she finds the last person she expected to see there.

"Laurel?"

"Sara!" Laurel chuckles. "Nice Pajamas."

Sara's brow furrows and than she looks down at her outfit.

She's wearing an overly sized SpongeBob boxers and a small pink tank top that definetly does not go good together.

Sara crosses her arms over her chest like a small child would."What are you doing here?"

"I can't come by and visit my mom and baby sister?" Laurel stands in front of Sara.

"No..you can. It's just....unexpected is all."

"I see. So, are you going to give me a hug or just leave me hanging?" Laurel smiles.

Sara tries to keep her facade on, but eventually her lips curve into a smile and her arms are extending to give Laurel a warm hug.

They giggle and release each other.

"Why'd you come so damn early though?" Sara said rubbing at her eyes.

"It's 11:57," Laurel said pointing at the clock on the stove top.

Sara read the clock her sister was pointing at and nearly jumped out of her skin. "Oh my god...oh my god!"

Sara ran back towards her bedroom and slammed the door behind her.

"Is she late for work or something?" Laurel asked her mother while pointing her thumb towards Sara's room.

"From what I know, she has a date."

Laurel rose her eyebrows. "A date? Already?"

Dinah nodded her head with a smile.

"Don't you think it's a little too...early?"

"I think it's a great idea," Dinah straightened her stance. "As for you, you need to stop thinking about Oliver."