Chapter 15

1980,5 pm,Thanksgiving, Snart's residence

Leonard was currently hiding in his bedroom, it's what's he's been doing since his father returned home from being in prison for five years - six months ago. Somethings change about his father, and Leonard had sensed it as soon as his father had returned home.

Lewis didn't greet him, he didn't greet Leonard's mother, he just grabbed a beer from the fridge and took a seat in front of the T.V.

Leonard's mom, Shirley, told him that his dad was just a little off from being away from home for so long.

Leonard was so excited to see his dad home and to show his dad all the new things he's learned and all the friends he's made, but his father didn't give him the time of day.

Ever since his dad had came home, he's noticed his mother starting to slowly lose herself. Leonard would overhear fights coming from his parents bedroom, his mother crying, most nights his father didn't even stay at the house anymore.

Leonard can hear his parents arguing downstairs, his mom wanting to go to Lewis' father's house for Thanksgiving and spending time with family. Lewis didn't want any of that.

Leonard could hear the shouting get louder and louder.

Leonard slowly opened his bedroom door and crept towards the stairs.

He walked quietly down the stairs, making sure not to make a sound.

His mother was in front of his father, who had a beer in his hand.

Leonard could feel the tears pooling at his eyes, he hated seeing his mother upset. Those 5 years, they were all they had, they spent so much time together, her teaching him how to ride a bike, how to read, how to write his own name, how to do addition and subtracting, and now was working on his multiplication.

When Leonard was on the last step and saw what would forever change his ways of seeing his father.

His father smacked his mother, sending her to the floor.

Leonard did without thinking and ran to his mother's side.

"It's okay, sweetie." She told him. "Go back to your room,"

Anger filled inside Leonard and he charged towards his father, beating at his legs.

Lewis pushed Leonard to the side, causing Leonard to hit the corner of the counter with his lip.

Leonard heard his mother screaming for him, Leonard's mouth tasted like copper, from the blood.

"Next time he'll know to stay out of it," He heard his father growl.

Shirley grabbed Leonard and held him close, tears streaming down both their faces.

Leonard could hear the front door slamming, the car starting, and hear it slowly die off as it drove away.

"I'm so sorry," His mom said to him, picking him up and guiding him to the bathroom.

Leonard rinsed out his mouth, and held a paper towel to his lip.

They both went to his bedroom.

Leonard was laying in his mother's arms on his bed.

"He didn't mean it," She told him. "He just, had a little too much to drink,"

"I miss the old daddy," He said softly. "He didn't hit you,"

"He's still not well, he'll be better soon." He could hear the shaking in his mother's voice.

"You sure?" He looked up at her.

A tear trickled down her face. "Hey," She whispered to him. "Guess what?"

"What?" He said sitting up to face his mother.

"You want to know what I'm thankful for?" She said tucking a strand of her light brown hair behind her ear.

Leonard nodded.

"I'm thankful for being here," She smiled at him. "And also thankful for having two kids, who I love and adore."

Leonard smiled and hugged his
Mom.

"Wait," He opened his eyes and pulled away to look at her. "What do you mean two kids?"

"You're gonna be a big brother," She laughed softly.

Leonard's eyes grew wide and a smile appeared on his face from ear to ear. "Really?!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah," She laughed at him. "And I already know you're going protect them no matter what, right?"

"Duh," He scoffed and looked down at his hands.

"What's wrong?" She grabbed a hold of his face for him to look at her.

He mumbled. "Does this mean I have to change stinky diapers?"

His mother laughed and brought him into a tight hug.

Leonard is like 8, since they used Wentworth's age and B-day in Legends, and Leonard and Lisa are 9 years apart in this fic. Tell me what you guys think of this? I don't know, it's my first time trying to write about Len's childhood so I'm a bit iffy...BTW! Leonard's mom's name is Shirley in the comics, I think. I'll have to clarify later...