Chapter 24

Leonard's eyes carefully scanned through the documents, filling through the pages multiple times, rereading each sentence 4 or 5 times.

Sara was patiently waiting at his side with her hand on his thigh.

"Len?" Sara said trying to get his attention. Trying not to read the documents over his shoulder.

"Why didn't she tell me? Us?" He murmured. "She just..."

"Hey," Sara grabbed both sides of his face and made him face her.

His eyes were distant, he was staring right at her but it was like he wasn't there with her still.

"You can tell me," She told him.

He swallowed and licked his lips. "She was sick," He sighed, Sara released the hold she had on his face. "cancer. She was passed the saving stage and needed extreme medical treatment when they found out." He looked down at his hands. "She couldn't afford it. They found her in a bathroom motel outside of Opal, next to her own thrown up blood. She'd been dead over 72 hours when they found her."

Len laid his head in her lap. "She didn't abandon us."

Sara rubbed his head and back trying to comfort him.

"I'm so sorry, Len."

She heard him take a deep breath.

"She didn't abandon us," He repeated.

They stayed like that for a while. Sara lost count after 20 minutes.

Leonard slowly sat up and took ahold of Sara's hand. "Thank you,"

"Of course," Sara made a move to hug him but he backed away.

"I need you to promise me something,"

Sara furrowed her brows.

"Don't tell my sister about this,"

"But, don't you want her to kno-"

"Promise me," He squeezed her hand.

"Okay, okay." She agreed. "I promise."

"Thank you," He quickly grabbed hold of the back of her neck and kissed her deeply.

Sara placed her hands on his chest and pushed him back. "Len, you can't chase the pain away like this."

"I know, I know," Leonard got closer. "I just..."

"Why don't we watch a movie?"

"No, think I just want to go to bed." He stood up.

"I can sta-" Sara stood.

"I think you should go," He cut her off.

"Len.."

"I just don't want you to see me like this and I need some time to myself right now, Sara." Leonard motioned to the door.

"Yeah, okay." Sara walked to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow," He opened the door for her.

"Okay," Sara gave him a chaste kiss and walked out.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

1:10, pm The Next Day

"Gin," Leonard smiled as he placed his hand of cards down.

"Okay," Sara threw her cards down. "That's 6 in a row now."

"What can I say?" Leonard spread his arms out. "I'm a pro."

"Pro my ass," Sara objected. "Pull your sleeves up."

Leonard furrowed his brows. "What do you mean "pul-""

Sara reached for his shirt.

"There's nothing in there!" He exclaimed.

"Bullshit," Sara giggled as she climbed on top of him.

"You're bending all my cards," He said trying to swipe all the cards from the couch to the floor.

Sara reached for his sleeve, Leonard caught her wrist.

"Lance," He pointed his eyebrow at her.

"Snart,"She glared back.

Leonard gave a small smile before he reached up to kiss her.

Sara kissed him back passionately and letting her body line up perfectly with his, as if they were made to fit together as if they were puzzle pieces who finally found each other.

Leonard gently placed his right hand at her hip, touching the little exposed skin there. Sara began to squirm a little and she could feel his passion through his clothing.

Leonard moaned into the kiss one last time before he broke off. "Sara," He whispered against her lips.

"Yes?" She smiled.

"You make me crazy," He chuckled and moved away a few strands of hair from her face.

"Lenny!" Lisa burst through the door. "You two go take a cold shower because we have plans tonight!"

Leonard groaned and face palmed himself.

Sara laughed at his annoyance and got off of him and sat up.

"I knew it," He murmured under his breath. "It was too good to be true."

Lisa threw her purse on top of his stomach, making him groan and sit up.

"All 4 of us," Lisa made a circular pattern around them. "Are going on a double date."

"4?" Leonard questioned the same time Cisco stepped through the door. "Oh boy."

"Hey, Sara." Cisco greeted them. "Leonard."

"Francisco,"

"Hey, Cisco." Sara got up and hugged her friend. "What insanity has Lisa dragged you into today?"

"Hey!" Lisa defended.

Cisco laughed at his girlfriend. "Actually this was my idea."

Leonard stood. "And why would you want to go out on a double date?"

Cisco, clearly feeling more intimidated now that Leonard stood up to his full height which was a couple inches taller than himself, swallowed. "You and Lisa have seemed kind of distant from each other recently and I thought it'd be a good idea to, I don't know, get some good ol brother sister bond age going on while hanging out with your partners."

"Partners?" Leonard rose his eyebrow at his sister.

"So we're going out," Lisa ignored her brothers question. "You two have twenty minutes."

Lisa walked out of the apartment with Cisco hot on her tail and closed the door.

"This is not how I expected my day to pan out," Len threw himself onto his couch and Sara straddled him.

"Me either," Sara smiled and kissed him softly.

"As much as I would love to continue this, I think my sister was serious about that twenty minute rule." Leonard said when they seperated.

"Twenty mintues?" Sara nipped at his jaw.

"Yes, and" Leonard stood, causing Sara to get up too. "My sister waiting for us outside is kind of a turn off." He chuckled.

Sara groaned. "Fine,"

Leonard grabbed his jacket from the coat rack. "To be continued,"

"Agreed, " Sara said as she sealed it with a kiss and held up a 6 of diamonds. "Cheater."

Leonard chuckled and walked out with her.