Chapter 12

Wednesday, Sara's apartment 12pm

"Okay," Sara stepped into the kitchen, where her mother was currently eating a bowl of grapes. "Are you free....tomorrow night?"

"Hmmm," Dinah pretended to think. "What time?"

"Around 6 or 7?" Sara said standing next to her mother.

"For what?" Dinah said popping another grape into her mouth.

Sara scoffed. "To meet Len!"

"Oh!" Dinah exclaimed suddenly, causing some grape juice to trickle out the corner of her mouth. "Yeah! I thought you were going to want me for help on your homework."

"You're free if it's to meet Len, but not if I need your educational use?" Sara said in disbelief.

Dinah just shrugged.

"Oh my god.." Sara mumbled.

Dinah laughed at her daughter's annoyance and Sara took the last grape from her mother's bowl.

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤

Leonard's apartment, 7pm

Leonard returned to his home from grocery shopping with Lisa, with her picking out all her favorite foods.

When Leonard was on his way up the stairs, bringing up the last of the bags, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck prickle.

He stopped in his steps and quickly looked around.

No one at the bottom of the stairs, nor the top.

He went back down the stairs to see if anyone was watching him.

Nothing.

He went back up the stairs, looked both left and right down the halls, and still. No one.

Leonard took a few steps down the hall.

"Lenny?" Lisa called from his apartment nearby.

Leonard returned to his apartment, shut, and locked the door.

"You okay?" Lisa asked, noticing her brother was a little off, well more than he usually is.

"Peachy," He said placing the last of the bags on the counter and helped his sister put them away.

When they were done, Leonard grabbed two beers from his fridge and sat down at the table.

He popped open both of them and handed one to his sister.

"Thank you," Lisa smiled and sipped her beer.

"I'll get you your new battery tomorrow," Leonard told his sister, taking a swig from his beer.

Lisa nodded and grabbed a bag of Doritos from her brother's cabinet and sat down across from him.

"What's up with you and Sara?" Lisa was practically dying to ask.

"What do you mean?" Leonard sat back.

"What're you guys?" Lisa said crunching down on a chip.

Leonard was about to answer her, but he didn't really know the answer himself. Yeah, they've kissed, they've gone on 'dates', they weren't official dates but they ended being, they act and do couple things. But Leonard had had always thought it odd to call someone his 'girlfriend' or 'boyfriend'. He never really had anything in his life that lasted very long, besides Mick or Lisa.

"We're...." Leonard said trying to assess the situation. "Together."

Lisa shrugged and offered her brother a chip, which he kindly shook his head no.