Chapter 14

It was like both Leonard's and Sara's heart beats stopped as they waited to see if it was Sara's dad that Leonard insulted earlier that day.

Dinah opened the door, exchanged greetings, and moved for the man to step into the apartment.

Finding it was the same man, Leonard could never have a break can he? He thought to himself.

Sara got up to hug her father, while Leonard had trouble gathering up the next few words he was about to say to the man, starting with the apology.

Leonard came to stand next to Sara, Sara moved to the side to introduce the two men.

"Dad," Sara started. "This is Leonard."

"Leonard?"

"Snart," Leonard finished.

Quentin stuck his hand out, which Leonard shook. "And you said my name was stupid."

Leonard gave a bitter laugh. "Sorry, about that." He apologized. "You yelled at me, I saw your uniform, and I automatically was rude."

Sara was confused as to why Leonard would automatically be triggered to be rude by those combinations, but made a self note to ask later.

"No worries," Quentin motioned to the table. "Sit down."

Leonard and Sara went back to where they were sitting.

Quentin took the seat next to his daughter, while Dinah took the seat next to Leonard.

They began passing the dishes around, to those who wanted that particular food and started eating.

"So," Quentin broke the silence. "Leonard, what do you do?"

Leonard swallowed the food he currently had in his mouth. "As of right now? Nothing permanent."

Sara drank from her glass of water and shared a look with her mother.

"But," Leonard continued. "I'm looking into structural engineering."

"That's alot of schooling," Quentin ate some of his mashed potatoes. "You sure you want to go through all that?"

"I already did," Leonard said.

"You did?" Quentin asked confused. "How old are you?"

Leonard shifted in his seat and looked at Sara, who gave him a pointed look. "I'm 34,"

"34?" Quentin looked at his wife and daughter.

"Dad," Sara spoke up. "It doesn't matter."

"Doesn't matter?" Quentin turned to his daughter. "He's only 8 years younger than me."

"Quentin," Dinah also warned.

"You and mom always told me that when it comes to loving someone, it didn't matter what gender,color, or age they were,"

"Okay," Quentin let the topic drop.

They all continued to eat.

"What got you into engineering, Len?" Dinah asked.

"Um, I guess I had always been interested in it," Leonard admitted. "When I was younger, I had alot of extra time to myself, I guess you could say, and I just got curious once and ended up thinking my way into that spot and never let it go since."

"Snart?" Quentin asked. "Any relation to Lewis Snart?"

The blood drained from Leonard's face.

All of the air in Leonard's system escaped him. He hated talking about his father. That was the last subject he ever wanted to get near. He'd rather shoot his own foot than talk about his father.