Chapter 18

Jitters 6:30 a.m.

"Welcome to Jitters, what would you like?" Sara spoke into the drive thru mic.

"A call back would be nice," Said the familiar icey drawl.

"Len," Sara sighed.

"You weren't returning my calls, if this was the only way to talk to you, so be it,"

"I'm sorry," Sara gripped the edge of the counter. "I've just been...off,"

"Lance," He said pointedly.

"It was just... my sister," Sara played with the rings on her fingiers. "She-" Sara was cutoff by a loud honk.

"Why don't you just come inside and we can talk?" Sara said now realizing the line they were building up.

"Yeah, but I'll take a ice mochiatto please."

Leonard heard Sara chuckle.

"That'll be $2.59 at the window,"

"Thank you," Leonard said and drove up to get his coffee and to enter the café.

When he entered Sara was already sitting at a empty table waiting for him.

Sara had started to stand up but Len just motioned her to sit back down and sat across from her.

It was silent for a moment while Leonard was drinking out of his straw from his beverage.

"I'm sorry," Sada broke the silence.

Leoanrd swallowed and shook his head. "You don't need to be sorry, just don't leave me in the dark."

"When I visited my sister I found out that her and Ollie got back together and that he didn't even have feelings for Nyssa." Sara sat back.

"Than why go out with her?" Leonard furrowed his brows.

"That's what I said!" Sara's eyes went wide with exaggeration. "I can't believe my sister would go back to him though, after everything he's done to us!"

"It's the ones closest to us that are the only ones who can really hurt us, Sara." He grabbed a hold of her hand. "It's sad, but true."

Sara gave him a small smile.

"Come to my place tonight," Leonard broke the silence. "I'll cook,"

"Cook Or order in and than say you cooked?" Sara laughed.

"Cook," Leonard smirked. "I do know how to cook too, Lance. Someone had to take care of Lisa."

"Well than I'm looking forward to it," Sara tapped Leonard's nose.

Leonard gave out a small chuckle. "Be there by 5,"

"Got it, now let me go back to work before you get me fired." Sara stood.

"Catch you later, Birdy." Leonard kissed the top of Sara's head and exited Jitters.

🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤🐤

Leonard's apartment, 3pm

"I'm here," Lisa sang as she stepped through the door.

"Right now is not a good time, Lise." Leonard called from the kitchen.

"Woah," Lisa said taking in the kitchen.

There was a large variety of Vegatables over the counter and different types of meat-- beef,chicken, pork, light meat or dark meet.

"Did you rob a farm?" Lisa asked her brother who was currently looking like he was about to lose his mind.

"Not funny," He ran his hand down his face and took a deep breath.

"You look like you got hit by a bus,"

"Not helping," He opened his fridge. "Sara's coming for dinner and I don't know what to make and I don't even know that much of what she likes and if she's allergic to Somethings or if she expects me to make something easy like spaghetti or something lik-"

"Lenny!" Lisa tried to get her brother's attention.

"What?" He looked at her confused.

"Are you hearing yourself?" Lisa placed her hands on her hips. "I've seen you plan heists and your telling me you can't cook a decent dinner date?"

Leonard's eyes went wide. "I should ask if she's lactose in tolerance,"

Leonard grabbed his phone and started moving his fingers fast over the screen.

Lisa snatched the phone away from her brother. "Okay, clearly, you're not listening to me."

"What if I mess up?"

"Lenny," She said in montone. "She's stayed with you this long, she's not going to disappear because you put sugar in the food instead of salt. I need you to calm down."

Leoanrd let out a sigh and sank to the kitchen floor.

"What time is she coming over?"

"5, but knowing her she'll be here by like 4:47,"

"Okay, you go take a nap, take a walk, go read a book, do whatever. Just calm down and go." Lisa grabbed her brother's hand and pulled him to stand. "I got this,"

"Thank you," Leoanrd took one last glance at the kitchen. "But if Sara asks-"

"I'm going to tell her that you freaked out and that I cooked," Lisa smirked.

Leoanrd glared at her.

"Go!" Lisa pushed him out of the kitchen. "Out of my kitchen!"

Leonard went to his room and plopped himself on to his bed.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Leonard awoke to the smell of grilled chicken.

He rubbed his eyes and went to go check on his sister.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Lisa teased him.

"What time is it?"

"It just turned 4," Lisa stepped away from the stove. "Go take a shower and I'll watch this till you get out. All you need to do is set the table."

"Thank you so much, Lisa." He hugged his sister.

"Out of all the times you saved my ass I guess I had to repay you one time," Lisa smiled into his shoulder. "Now, go."

Leonard rolled his eyes and made his way towards his restroom.

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Leonard just got done setting the table when there was a knock at his door.

Leonard wiped his hands on a cloth and opened the door.

"Right on time," He smiled at Sara.

She was wearing a light blue blouse with dark blue jeans and black boot heels.

"I try," She wrapped her arms around his neck while he closed the door.

"Hungry?" He smirked.

"Starved." She laughed and captured his lips with hers.