Chapter 16

It's been over a week since Leonard met Sara's parents and they haven't seen each other since.

They've had phone calls but Leonard mostly just kept it vague with "How was your day" and "I gotta go, bye"

Sara has tried turning the conversation towards his way but he would answer with "nothing, just here." Sara felt like Leonard was trying to slowly distance himself away from her as much as he can.

Sara's seen Lisa at school but Lisa didn't know what her brother was up to either. Whenever Lisa went over there, he wasn't.

Sara's finally thought enough was enough and went to his apartment.

She knocked on the door, waiting for him to answer.

When he did, he was wearing a light grey sweatshirt,a pair of black pants, and black socks on.

His hair was slightly longer than usual and Sara could see that he hasn't shaved either, it's wasn't actually a bad sight, if you asked Sara.

"Come in," He drawled and motioned for her to come inside.

She complied and turned towards him. "What's up with you?"

Leonard closed the door and walked past her. "What something to drink? To eat?"

"You didn't answer me," She followed him to the kitchen.

"Neither did you," He stopped and looked at her.

"Please," She asked. "What's wrong?"

Leonard sighed and took a seat at his table.

"I've just," He said trying to gather himself. "Been busy,"

"Leonard," She grabbed hold of his hands. "You've hardly said a word to me since you've met my parents, you've been acting different ever since my father brought up your father." She scooted closer to him. "I know I said I'd wait for you to be ready to tell me, but if this is what it's doing to you, than I want to help."

Leonard sighed and placed his head in his hands. "My father wasn't the best of fathers, and I guess your dad bringing all that stuff up about 'Like father, like son' has me worried." He admitted. "I don't want to end up hurting you, Sara."

"That's why you've been distancing yourself from me?" She looked at him. "You're not your father,Len. I don't know what your father did entirely, but judging by the way my father talked about him and the way you hardly bring him up, I can tell he wasn't a very nice guy." She grabbed a hold of his hands again. "You're not him, Len."

Leonard looked into her ocean blue eyes and smiled. "I don't know why you stay here with me, but" He grabbed a hold of the side of her face. "Thank you,"

She smiled and leaned in to capture his lips. Sara could feel the tiny scratching of his unshaven face upon her chin and lips and she wanted to melt into it.

"Lenny--ohhh woah,"

Sara and Leoanrd broke away.

"Bad time?" Lisa asked shyly.

"No," Sara got up. "I have to get going anyways. I have to go pack for Thanksgiving break," Sara told them.

"You're leaving?" Leonard stood up.
"My dad wants me to spend Thanksgiving with him," She apologized.

"It's Thanksgiving time already?" Leonard asked himself looking at the calendar on his wall.

Friday, 18th of November.

He was wrapped up in his own tunnel of self-containment for the past week and a half he didn't realize what day it was.

"I leave Sunday," She informed him. "I'll be back next Saturday,"

He nodded and offered to walk her to her car.

"Sara, I'm so sorry I was closed off and didn't get to spend any time with you this week and I realzi-" He was cut off by a pair of soft lips.

He was a little taken back by it but placed his hands on her hips, while they fought for dominant.

"Apology accepted," She smirked at him when they broke apart.

"You had onion rings for lunch, didn't you?"

"Oh my god," She mumbled.

He laughed and placed his lips against hers, slowly dipping his tongue against her lips. Sara accepted his entry as they continued to kiss.

"You're a jerk," She breathed heavily.

"I know," He smirked.

"See you later, Leonard Snart." She unwrapped her arms from behind his neck.

"Bye, Sara Lance." He said as he took a step away from her car.

He smirked as he watched her car drive off.

Leonard was making his way back into his building when he got that feeling again, someone was watching him.

Leonard scowled and looked around quickly. No one was around, from what he can see.

Leonard quickly made it back up to his apartment and nearly forgot his sister was there.

When he entered, he saw Lisa draped over his couch, with her legs where her head should be and her head dangling from the side of the couch and with a beer in her hand

"You done being antisocial?" She looked over at him.

Leonard rolled his eyes and swiped the beer away from his little sister.

"Hey!" She shouted at him as he took a swig. "You owe me a beer,"

"This came from my fridge" He reminded her.

"Yeah, but I got it first and that was the last one." She whined and got up from her spot.

Leonard shrugged and took another swig in front of his sister.

Lisa quickly tipped the bottle, causing the beer to spill down Leonard's sweatshirt, and took off running to the bathroom.

Leonard set the beer down and chased her, but once he had gotten to the door he found that it was already locked.

"You cant stay in there forever," He shouted through the door.

"I have your phone," She muffled through the door.

Leonard furrowed his brows and quickly patted down his pockets. Nothing. She must've taken it the same time she tipped his beer.

He smirked and shook his head, he couldn't be mad at her when she does stuff like this.

He's taught her well.